Electronic Faults

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Houndie, the New QQ Facelift is the J11B and yes supposedly in the writeup it does have a DAB Shark Fin Antenna. If you remember there was a long post on this subject where Duncho & our Dealer were playing around with different methods but in the end with no success. It did involve if I remember dropping the Roof Lining etc.... due to different components.
There are Shark Fins available for mostly all existing Nissan's now but stated in very small print "Not DAB Compatible", ours is also not DAB but definitely works in and around Berlin.
Whatever you do, do not have the volume up to loud and wake the Sheep - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Spoke too soon the fault is back again the whole system shut down after 21 days, but again after Parking it functioned again OK - weird !. I have just phoned our Dealer and told him politely I am "P_ _ d Off" :oops: He said he will contact Nissan again for a New Unit and get back to me - Dave :shock:

IMG_3643.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

So today I dug in a bit further, on starting this morning again no function as above. I drove about 20m turned the ignition "Off", restarted and Hey Presto everything was fine and functioned. I am no Electronics Wizz Kid but this fault only appears occasionally on the 1st morning start, could this be battery related over night that causes a shut down, any comments welcome.
Duncho, being the Electronic Expert have you got any comments !
The Dealer has ordered a Brand New Unit but will this cure the problem - Dave
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well I got an email on 27th from our Dealer that the part had arrived and have just got back from them with a Termin for 31st May. I had a chat with the Store Guy and got a number and price - unbelievable ! Part #259154ET3A / Rechner / €4504 (£3922). If this one part costs so much what is the QQ really worth :lol: - Dave ;)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well it is done, but the 1 hour planned installation time turned into a nightmare 21/2 day installation for the Service Dept. with Nissan Tech Support. The new system could not pick up the cameras and an upgrade had to be done. Just got back after an hour setting up the Bluetooth etc ... with the Computer Guy and it all appears to work at present 😊. Just need to Programme the Radio Stations & Navi Addresses and then will give it a test - Dave :)
PS the cost was as mentioned €4502 :roll:
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

fingers crossed Dave!!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, not only the fingers are crossed and it is hurting! -Dave 🤗
Coming home I kept getting an Alarm Beep and I thought here we go again, but just kept driving to give it all a test. Luckily I remembered last time I had this Alarm and it turned out to be our Electronic Digital Parking Aid, batteries were shot so I removed them - just hopefully saved myself some embarassment again 😲