heated front windscreen

ICE, Equipment, Options
ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

gvmdaddy wrote:
ndh58 wrote:Picked my car up, after new screen fitted 3 days later and we had a frost. Tried it and still didn't work, it got "slightly" soft but never really made an impression, taking it back on Wednesday for dealer to have another look.
Username did the new relay totally solve your problem, does your screen totally clear in frosty conditions
'slightly soft' is how it is. Its not designed to completely clear the ice but it should be sufficient in less than about a minute to enable tye wipers to clear the screen. On misted windscreens it will help to clear the condensation, but the best and quickest way is to use the 'quick clear' button on the top left of the Connect unit.
I Did put "slightly" in brackets, after 4 minutes on the quick clear setting button, if I put wipers on they would not clear screen, just bounce over frost (even in a very slight frost like we had in march) you had to get out and give a vigorous scrape with an ice scraper
1.6 dig-t pearlescent white 66

ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

Username: wrote:Yes works as it should, melts the frost quick wipe and it goes, even works on steamed up windscreen when it's cold and turn the heater on if we get any frost which I doubt now I will take few pics
It was the relay that was the problem then, glad its fixed for you
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

ndh58 wrote:
gvmdaddy wrote:
ndh58 wrote:Picked my car up, after new screen fitted 3 days later and we had a frost. Tried it and still didn't work, it got "slightly" soft but never really made an impression, taking it back on Wednesday for dealer to have another look.
Username did the new relay totally solve your problem, does your screen totally clear in frosty conditions
'slightly soft' is how it is. Its not designed to completely clear the ice but it should be sufficient in less than about a minute to enable tye wipers to clear the screen. On misted windscreens it will help to clear the condensation, but the best and quickest way is to use the 'quick clear' button on the top left of the Connect unit.
I Did put "slightly" in brackets, after 4 minutes on the quick clear setting button, if I put wipers on they would not clear screen, just bounce over frost (even in a very slight frost like we had in march) you had to get out and give a vigorous scrape with an ice scraper
When you say 'quick clear setting button' which do you mean? The one on the left side of the Connect unit or the one on the right? The one on the left is designed to clear internal condensation whilst the on on the right activates the thermaclear electric windscreen to soften ice/snow to enable the wipers to clear away the semi melted obstruction.
ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

The button on the right, it stays on for 4 minutes then cuts out to save battery.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

gvmdaddy wrote:...the on on the right activates the thermaclear electric windscreen to soften ice/snow to enable the wipers to clear away the semi melted obstruction.
I temporarily misread that to say "thermonuclear electric windscreen". That would certainly be effective but a bit dodgy when not working properly... :shock:
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

:lol:
ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

Username: wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:38 pmany news ndh
Picked it up yesterday, they have had it for 2 days. And they found there was 2 relays missing, so looks like it was the same problem as yours, although cant test it unless we do have a late frost.
So changing the screen as they did first was a boob for them.
It would seem as you and i have had the same problem, there must be a few new cars out there with the same issues, how did these get missed at the factory
Username:

Post by Username: »

at least its sorted now, i was looking in my glove box the other day and i found the relay cover in there clearly forgot to put it back on,strange that your relays was missing aswell maybe a new starter on the relay line :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
only dead fish go with the flow.
2016 QASHQAI BLACK EDITION
SupaSev
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by SupaSev »

Guys I have had exactly the same issue. I took my QQ in for the heated screen not working and it turns out the two relays were missing!!

I wish I saw this earlier so I could check myself, it took them 4 days to work it out!!
adie9
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by adie9 »

This might sound a bit stupid, but my wife's 2015 N Tec def has wire elements in the windscreen (Thermaclear?) BUT no activation method that I can see...( No switch on control panel)
Does this mean that it is not usable? Why would Nissan fit an expensive screen if I can't use it? Or is there another method of switching it on?