Exhaust Pressure Sensor Location

ICE, Equipment, Options
Pcooper1982
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Pcooper1982 »

Thank you for the information - this is a great help! However was hoping it would be an easyier job!!

dani87

Post by dani87 »

If you get an old bike gear cable and a drill you can un block the sensor pipe. Glow relay fault will most likley be a faulty glow plug.
Pcooper1982

Post by Pcooper1982 »

Thanks for th steer - was planning to attend both this weekend - like the idea of a gear cable and drill. Will also test the glow plugs as well (much easier than taking the bumper off!)
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

Hopefully, I’ve sorted the exhaust gas pressure sensor fault. I was convinced the pipe leading from the sensor to the manifold was blocked. I therefore took the sensor off (leaving the pipe in place). I used a bicycle gear cable attached to a drill (as mentioned in this thread) and slowly threaded the cable down the pipe with the drill turning slowly. It took a little time and patience but eventually, the cable unblocked the pipe. There was lots of black soot in the pipe which was eventually dislodged. I then sprayed a little degreasing spray down the pipe and pushed the cable down one more time to ensure spray went down length of pipe. I then was able to blow down the pipe without any resistance (which I couldn’t do before I started the job). Fingers crossed, the problem is gone.

Big thanks to the guys who helped.
2014 Qashqai Tekna
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Well done, hope it's cured.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

Just an update. On 29th November, I unblocked the exhaust pressure sensor pipe and to date, I have had no further problems. Therefore, the blocked pipe was the problem.

Once again, thanks to all who helped...
2014 Qashqai Tekna
duncho

Post by duncho »

Thanks for sharing this Rolledstone
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Congrats. We like to see a success story!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
tonyerodo

Post by tonyerodo »

Hi all had the same problem on my 1.5 14 plate start stop light engine management light and chassis control fault, it took me a few hours of cleaning the pipe, didn't remove it used WD40 and also a DPF cleaning spray just need to keep on with poking a cable (bike gear type as mentioned on previous posts, down the pipe until clear , cleared fault codes and all seems OK now sensor didn't need replacing, I really would check this pipe before you take to a garage. Thanks to everyone that contributed to help solve this issue
Sarahz

Post by Sarahz »

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for this post. Nissan dealer couldn't look at my car until next week. Husband bought fault reader this weekend. Fault was exhaust pressure sensor. I'd found this post last week when the error first occurred. Gear cable taken off old bike, husband covered in black splatters of WD40 soaked soot, error reset and car and wife happy again. Dread to think what Nissan would have charged. Thank you!!