Exhaust Pressure Sensor Location

ICE, Equipment, Options
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

dodgydino62 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:01 pm I've recently had this problem on my 61 plate ntec 15dci... first the esp lights coming on then the red engine management light.
I managed to remove the pipe to clean it thoroughly which was totally blocked, it wasn't the easiest of job but after refitting the esp lights were still on so it didn't resolve my issue.
You'll need to clear the error code still stored.

dodgydino62
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by dodgydino62 »

andy2019 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:19 pm
dodgydino62 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:01 pm I've recently had this problem on my 61 plate ntec 15dci... first the esp lights coming on then the red engine management light.
I managed to remove the pipe to clean it thoroughly which was totally blocked, it wasn't the easiest of job but after refitting the esp lights were still on so it didn't resolve my issue.
You'll need to clear the error code still stored.
It was cleared or tried to clear it anyway, I had the AA out and the fault wouldn't clear except for the engine management light
Previously a 61 plate diesel ntec now a 68 plate 1.3 petrol tekna.
Lenswheel4

Post by Lenswheel4 »

Hi,
I had this same fault since November with all the warning lights coming on. Tried cleaning out sensor pipe but fault never cleared. Bought sensor from eBay but still no joy and it actually added an out of range fault! Wasn’t sure what to try next but had a thought to try some kind of additive or cleaner. Went with Wynns diesel EGR valve cleaner and Cataclean. Removed the ‘new’ sensor , sprayed the egr cleaner into pipe. Then followed instructions to apply spray which requires the air filter to be removed. Also ran engine with sensor off and could clearly see exhaust gases coming out so pipe clear. I refitted the original sensor.
Followed instructions and then ran car and cleared error codes. This was last Sunday and all warning lights have been clear since with no issues at all!
The spray cost a tenner from Halfords and the Cataclean additive was £16 but not sure this helped clear the faults.
Don’t normally post on forums but had to share this fix as it has been driving me mental for months.
EduNec

Post by EduNec »

Lenswheel4 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:53 am Hi,
I had this same fault since November with all the warning lights coming on. Tried cleaning out sensor pipe but fault never cleared. Bought sensor from eBay but still no joy and it actually added an out of range fault! Wasn’t sure what to try next but had a thought to try some kind of additive or cleaner. Went with Wynns diesel EGR valve cleaner and Cataclean. Removed the ‘new’ sensor , sprayed the egr cleaner into pipe. Then followed instructions to apply spray which requires the air filter to be removed. Also ran engine with sensor off and could clearly see exhaust gases coming out so pipe clear. I refitted the original sensor.
Followed instructions and then ran car and cleared error codes. This was last Sunday and all warning lights have been clear since with no issues at all!
The spray cost a tenner from Halfords and the Cataclean additive was £16 but not sure this helped clear the faults.
Don’t normally post on forums but had to share this fix as it has been driving me mental for months.
Hello Lenswheel4, thank you very much for sharing this, I will give this a try this weekend, i presume this will "melt" the soot? If so would this go back into the engine or end up in the DPF?
I have tried the drill+bike break cable with no success it seems like it does not want to go any further than the second bend, about 5" of cable, went to a mechanic that gave this a try as well and he had the same result and wants to charge me £230 to change the pipe (i need to supply the pipe as well), it is just driving me insane.
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

EduNec wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:53 pm
Lenswheel4 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:53 am Hi,
Hello Lenswheel4, thank you very much for sharing this, I will give this a try this weekend, i presume this will "melt" the soot? If so would this go back into the engine or end up in the DPF?
I have tried the drill+bike break cable with no success it seems like it does not want to go any further than the second bend, about 5" of cable, went to a mechanic that gave this a try as well and he had the same result and wants to charge me £230 to change the pipe (i need to supply the pipe as well), it is just driving me insane.
a long bit of copper wire my garage used and quick blast with the air compressor to blow out everything
Rmango

Post by Rmango »

I have been trying the drill and cable method but just can’t get it past the second bend. Any other tips to make this work please?
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Rmango wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:55 pm I have been trying the drill and cable method but just can’t get it past the second bend. Any other tips to make this work please?
when my partner had her j10 unblocked a few yrs ago the garage used some brake cleaner sprayed down the pipe, then a long bit of copper wire and then got the air compressor on it to blow it clear, took longer to get the pipe off the car than it did to clean it :lol:
algnerd

Post by algnerd »

I did change my Exhaust Pressure Sensor (Changed it without disconnecting anything (Battery, O2 Sensor..)) and still have the same issues. (Stop/Start fault, Engine Check on, Cruise and Speed Limiter not working properly)

Now I'm thinking that the (Cruise and Speed limiter + Stop/Start) issues are related to battery as I checked today my battery and it isn't fitted for stop and start and it dropped 2v (3 years old battery)

Any other guesses?
QQ Tekna 1.6 dCi
Rmango

Post by Rmango »

andy2019 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:43 pm
Rmango wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:55 pm I have been trying the drill and cable method but just can’t get it past the second bend. Any other tips to make this work please?
when my partner had her j10 unblocked a few yrs ago the garage used some brake cleaner sprayed down the pipe, then a long bit of copper wire and then got the air compressor on it to blow it clear, took longer to get the pipe off the car than it did to clean it :lol:
Thanks, I will give that a go 😁
Paulinblack

Post by Paulinblack »

I've tried the drill and brake cable technique for 2 weekends and not getting anywhere. Any other suggestions as how to unblock the pipe?