German Test House list of models with i key security loopholes

ICE, Equipment, Options
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Attach the list produced by the German Testing Body ADAC. :o
Only the BMWi3 partly passes regards the test on vehicle entry,
but they still managed to start the car.

The list is of keyless cars are at risk from car hackers, (and there's lot including old & new QQ's),
who can break into their vehicle in minutes using gadgets that can be purchased on Amazon and eBay.
Having your i key well out of range of where the hackers could target it, eg near front door, or having in a shield
wallet as advised by Dave Berlin are good preventative measures.
Keyless_List.pdf
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 196 times
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Gel, have you joined the ADAC (same motoring associations as RAC or AA) now as it looks like you are in the same club as me now :lol: , there are a lot of good facts that come out from them. This is again exactly why I bought and recommended the "Themis Security" Key pouch to hopefully avoid these problems.
Can you please translate the German for me as I am still a Brit at heart :roll: - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken