Cruise Control issues

ICE, Equipment, Options
gdent
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by gdent »

Hi, the cruise control on my 2009 nissan qashqai intermittently disengages when I use the left indicator or intermittently shuts off completely by itself shortly (a few seconds) after setting it after which it does not switch back on for some considerable time and usually not until I have shut off and restarted the engine. Has any one got any suggestions as to what might be wrong?
I also have had another intermittent issue when I cancel or shut off the cruise control and shortly afterwards reset or restart & set it where the car continues to accelerate rather than remain at the selected speed. Any suggestions?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Has this been serviced by Nissan 7 had the regular s/ware updates??
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gdent

Post by gdent »

No it has not been serviced by nissan, so probaly has not received software updates
Mas

Post by Mas »

Hi Gdent,

I have same issue on my 2009 Qashqai with the cruise control. I'm wondering if you found out the issue that you explained?

Kind regards
Mas
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Nissan call the system AUTOMATIC SPEED CONTROL DEVICE (ASCD)

Its speed control that the ECM (Engine Control Module) manages based on driver input and other sensors (signals). Brakes, Clutch, Gears, Traction Control will normally switch it as will steering wheel buttons and speed below 8mph. Add in engine coolant Temp too high that will hold OFF. Thats according to Nissan J10 diagnostics.

None of the above easily relates to your indicator issue. However, there may be something common as regards engine coolant temperature from what you say by switching engine off?

RESUME OPERATION
When the RESUME/ACCELERATE switch is pressed after cancel operation other than pressing MAIN switch is performed, vehicle speed will return to last set speed. To resume vehicle set speed, vehicle condition must meet following conditions.
• Brake pedal is released
• Clutch pedal is released
• Vehicle speed is greater than 40 km/h (25 MPH) and less than 180km/h (112 MPH)

Set and Reset (control) of ASCD depends on the state of the above signals reaching ECM which is all that can be said about it. However, there are a considerable number of DTCs (error codes) related to ECM and your car needs scanning for that I'd say...

System Schematic which may not be 100% correct

Screenshot 2020-09.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Chappie85

Post by Chappie85 »

My 2009 Qashqai 1.5 diesel does exactly the same. I try to avoid indicating left. I noticed when locking (hazards flash) the car the third break light will do a little flash. Same while indicating left but not right - so I think it is something to do with the third break light and left indicator, but didn’t think they were linked. It would make sense that the cruise would disengage if the third break light flashes, but no idea what is causing this and why it fully disables cruise at times because of it. The only way to get cruise back after a full disable is to park up for a minute and restart the engine. I believe the left rear indicator is slightly duller compared to the right but I’ve changed the bulb and no change.

Did either of you get to the bottom of this issue as it would be useful to know what area(s) I should check/replace. Thank you for any advice.