Fitting Emergency Vehicle Siren

ICE, Equipment, Options
Jason.e.fenton

Post by Jason.e.fenton »

Not sure if in the right section, i am in need of fitting an emergency siren to my qashqui i.e. like an ambulance siren, before anyone says i cant i am a registered paramedic and need to use the vehicle for private work, i just need to work out where to place the siren unit itself, i have a 2016 Tekna 1.6 dci with the magic grill, i have found one place but that would block intercooler, anyone have any better ideas or pictures of spaces behind front bumper. i also need to run wires from front of car to boot where the siren amp will be situated. and a feed back to the battery for the power supply. so how to get the wires through the bulk head. Hope some one can help.

Jason
Nissan Qashqui, 2016 (65) Tekna 1.6 dci 130bhp in Ink Blue

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jason, if the Siren ain't that Big you might be able to install it here where the Horns are. Several members have installed Horns in or around this area, without dismantling the whole front. This was done because of installing the Webasto Heating System - Dave :)

IMG_0287.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

What country are you in?
'Paramedic/private work'??
Not sure how the law sees this, not to mention your insurance company!
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

hello from spain. i have a cig lighter socket in the boor. i took a lead direct from the battery to a 4gang fuse box i stuck with 4m tape. to get through the bulk head its best to remove the Wheel (my car is lh drive )then remove the Wheel arch lineing there is a fat harness that takes the wireing ,but i found a grommet above it that i pass wires through. if you send privately a whatsapp n/o. i will send some fotos to show you, if you are worried whatsapps can be blocked . regards brianthelian
brian
Jason.e.fenton

Post by Jason.e.fenton »

Hi thanks for responses, I tried to fit it behind grill where the horns are situated but it's too big and due to weight not well supported, as for insurance as this is a company car insured for use in line of my employment that isn't an issue and as it only for private so off road work the law has no issues.

Cheers jason
Nissan Qashqui, 2016 (65) Tekna 1.6 dci 130bhp in Ink Blue
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

It would help if you posted a photo of the siren you have, along with its associated amp etc. People cant advise you where it may be sited if they dont know the size and shape of it in the first place.