Dimming drivers console

ICE, Equipment, Options
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

I not done much night driving since getting my QQ last month. Last night driving back home the drivers display console was just too bright. I turned it right down on the dimmer switch, but it was still too bright for me. Is there any other way to either dim or put in night mode the panel?

(on my last car, Citroen, I had the option to dim all console displays except the speed).
I own a used 1.5 DCI N-connecta 2016 machine

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Apart from wear some sunglasses, no, you've done what is available ;)
On a serious note, why not try glasses specifically made for driving. They sre slightly tinted and are polarising. They may help.
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

gvmdaddy wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:27 am Apart from wear some sunglasses, no, you've done what is available ;)
On a serious note, why not try glasses specifically made for driving. They sre slightly tinted and are polarising. They may help.
it just the brightness from the drivers display, might have to cover part of it when driving at night.
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Just a thought... have you made sure the headlamps are set to AUTO whilst driving at night? That should make a difference to the brightness of the displays, particularly the vehicle information display in front of you. I believe the Nissan Connect system operates a day/night mode independently?

I generally have the headlamps set to 'O' (off) in the summer months as I drive mainly during the day (front daylight running lights only) but if I change the setting on the stalk to side lights or dipped-beam (if it's raining/poor visibility/nighttime for example) then the brightness of the displays adjust themselves accordingly.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

My lights are in auto mode (except when they come on themselves randomly in the morning). Will try that using non-auto mode.