Current maps version?

ICE, Equipment, Options
GrumpyTrucker

Post by GrumpyTrucker »

Hi all. Took delivery of my new Tekna this week and was wondering how to check going forward when a new map version is out? I had a look at nissan.navigation.com and the version it gives on there bears no resemblance format wise to the version number on my system. What numbers do I need to compare to check in the future?
QQ 1.2 DiG-T Tekna (2017 J11) with pano roof, Magnetic Red

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Check out other posts using the search button. Someone is selling up to date ones when they are released.
Black_Rojer is his forum name.
GrumpyTrucker

Post by GrumpyTrucker »

I did try a search but the info I wanted didn't come up. Just trying to find out how the info I can get on my head unit relates to the info on the navigation.com website. Should be an easy way to tell versions apart. The one in my car has no year etc in the file name and there nothing on the navigation site that says when that version was released. I guess they just want people to buy it even if they don't need it.
chosan

Post by chosan »

GrumpyTrucker wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:25 pm I did try a search but the info I wanted didn't come up. Just trying to find out how the info I can get on my head unit relates to the info on the navigation.com website. Should be an easy way to tell versions apart. The one in my car has no year etc in the file name and there nothing on the navigation site that says when that version was released. I guess they just want people to buy it even if they don't need it.
You'll find all info in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2610&start=120

Here you will also find the people who sell SD-cards.

The old version ends with 1 or 1.1. The latest version is 2.0.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

GrumpyTrucker, here is some more data you might take a look at, but very similiar - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5135&p=46410&hilit=So+Cards#p46410
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
GrumpyTrucker

Post by GrumpyTrucker »

Ok, fair enough. There's info out there. Thanks. :)

However none of that info actually helps with the bit that's got me scratching my head. The only info I have for my map data is: sd2-GENJ_EU_D.A v1 version 3575118877. As far as I can tell there is no easy way to compare that to the info on navigation.com to see if the version I have is current. Not necessarily saying now, but in a year or two. Really should be simpler than this.
chosan

Post by chosan »

GrumpyTrucker wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:47 pm Ok, fair enough. There's info out there. Thanks. :)

However none of that info actually helps with the bit that's got me scratching my head. The only info I have for my map data is: sd2-GENJ_EU_D.A v1 version 3575118877. As far as I can tell there is no easy way to compare that to the info on navigation.com to see if the version I have is current. Not necessarily saying now, but in a year or two. Really should be simpler than this.
Your maps are from 2014. As I said before V.2.0 is the latest, maps Q1 2016. Why buy it more expensive when you can buy the SD-card from here cheaper? I've done that and several others have done it as you can see in the threads I given you.
GrumpyTrucker

Post by GrumpyTrucker »

Not saying I won't buy from here cheaper. I was just wondering if there was a way that someone who may not know these forums exist could look at their map data, compare it with what's for sale and go "ah, yeah, my maps are out of date". As far as I can tell that is not easy to do.

As it stands, since this is a brand new car (and a recent build as far as I can tell) then I'm going to be contacting Nissan and asking for them to update the mapping for free. No way a brand new car should be being sold with map data so out of date. Definitely 2014 maps yeah?

edit to add: I'll get some clarification from black_rojer too in one of those other threads. Thanks for your advice though chosan :)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Black Rojer lists the sd2-GENJ_EU_D.A v1 card as being from Q1 2016, not 2014, in the linked thread.

I have sd2-GENJ_EU_B.a v11, which I believe is from 2014. (The car was new in July 2015 and came with a 2013 card!)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

GrumpyTrucker wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:16 pm Not saying I won't buy from here cheaper. I was just wondering if there was a way that someone who may not know these forums exist could look at their map data, compare it with what's for sale and go "ah, yeah, my maps are out of date". As far as I can tell that is not easy to do.

As it stands, since this is a brand new car (and a recent build as far as I can tell) then I'm going to be contacting Nissan and asking for them to update the mapping for free. No way a brand new car should be being sold with map data so out of date. Definitely 2014 maps yeah?

edit to add: I'll get some clarification from black_rojer too in one of those other threads. Thanks for your advice though chosan :)
good luck with asking Nissan to update it for free!