Cruise control failure

ICE, Equipment, Options
CJS

Post by CJS »

I first reported the failure of the cruise control on my 2014 1.6 d Qashqai some months ago and the subsequent failure of my dealership to fix the problem. We are now on attempt number 6 (due on Monday). Each time the repair lasts about 3 hours and then the cruise control fails and a day later the check engine light comes on. I have passed all the helpful information from this forum to my dealership and in spite of seeing the car wired up to the best diagnostic modules I have ever seen they still can't fix it. I have written a general note of despair to NCS EU about this matter and also pointed out that it seems to take so long for a dealership to source spare parts here in Austria - I will report any progress.
Qashqai J11 1.6D Tekna automatic

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

CJS, that is not a good service you are getting. Has your Dealer contacted Nissan Technical Service the reason I ask is that we had a problem with our Nissan Connect shutting down. Nissan asked the Dealer to try a new Software Download this worked for 21 days then the problem came back. The Dealer wanted to replace the Unit, Nissan asked them to try again, still did not work and finally Nissan agreed to change the Unit - it is still working. So it does appear there is Technical Backup at Nissan if required, why not ask for assistance through you Dealer or NCS for this contact. Regarding spares deliveries either Guarantee or personal there has never been a problem - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
CJS

Post by CJS »

Thanks for this Dave - good advice. This is exactly what I did a few days ago. I sent a long and detailed email to NCS eu. outlining the weaknesses of the service and protocols from my point of view. To be fair to the garage I believe their hands have been somewhat tied by Nissan regarding the replacement of parts. To be quite honest, if I wasn't retired and have plenty of time and energy to use as I like, I would have given up ages ago - it is not that I am a particularly tollerant individual! Regarding the spares issue, this is really a depressing situation and one that will ultimately force many owners to other brands; Nissan must address this issue.
CJS

Post by CJS »

Some progress to report on the failed cruise control front after my 6th visit to the dealership with this issue. The dealership has finally agreed to replace the turbo boost and intake air temperature sensor as suggested by an able forum member months ago. Of course they did not have the spare in stock and so it will have to be ordered and ............. Need I go on? I hope to conclude this saga some time next week! In the meantime I am awaiting some answers from NCS.
Seany1973
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Seany1973 »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my recent problem with the cruise control and engine light problem. I own the j10b facelift 1.5dci qashqai 360. My engine light came on after driving uphill and putting a little more torque through the engine. No change to driving, no change in mpg, no loss of power so I was stumped. Took it to the dealer (two different garages) and they both diagnosed various faults. Turbo solenoid switch, high pressure volumetric fuel pump, clutch circuit fault and air mass sensor. I had to get a second opinion because I was thinking how could this all go wrong at the same time?. So I bought my own diagnostic tool and had a look. I also had a look around my engine to see if anything obvious was there like plugs unplugged, wires or oil leaks etc. I found a small amount of oil dripping from the bottom of my turbo so investigated. So on the turbo there is a diaphragm switch (wastegate) which is operated by a vacuum controlled solenoid switch located on the right hand side of the engine (this was getting very hot when running) the two air hoses running from the solenoid run to the turbo and if you hold the hose with your finger should also stop the wastegate arm from moving back, in my case this didn’t happen so led me to believe that the diaphragm was shot. You can not just buy a new wastegate unless you get it factory matched to the turbo so I replaced the whole turbo. £220 from eBay for a re built one. I fitted last week and ran the diagnostic which showed the air mass sensor still faulty. I cleaned it with some air mass sensor cleaner and hey presto all fixed. Cleared the codes and it has been right ever since. No faults at all, no pending or intermittent faults shown up since. So I spent £250 all including cleaner and gasket kit for a job I was quoted £2700 from Nissan..... advice, get an OBD reader, diagnose yourself! Ps was driving with cruise on at the time, this would not reset when the engine light was on