DAB Radio Signal and 12v socket

ICE, Equipment, Options
nissandan

Post by nissandan »

Hi guys

Got a 65 plate Qashqai and the DAB digital radio signal is pretty good until my kids are in the back and turn on the in-car DVD player which is powered by the 12v socket in the centre armrest storage unit.

Any idea why this would cause this issue? FM/AM are ok just not DAB.

Thanks

chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Lots of things can interfere with DAB. I got some LED lightbulbs in my kitchen and the DAB radio in the kitchen went off every time I turned on the lights and I had to replace the bulbs.

You can eliminate a couple of things..

Get any DAB radio, extension cable, so you can put it in your car, see if the DVD players interfere with that one.

Try running the DVD player powered from elsewhere (they usually come with an adapter) with an extension cable so you can put it in your car, that would eliminate using the 12v socket as a problem. Actually if you have an adapter for the DVD players, just try playing them next to a DAB radio indoors.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Often items with switch mode power supply's can transmitt interference by the cars wiring loom and this is picked up by the radio. I purchased two power line adaptors for the internet, one of the adaptors power supplies was faulty and caused interference on the radio, the manufacture changed the adaptor.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.