Blind Spot Warning Faulty

ICE, Equipment, Options
coolcomp1

Post by coolcomp1 »

I sure that my Blind Spot Warning System is faulty

Please can someone tell me if there Blind Spot Warning lights up in the following situation?

When I am overtaking a lorry / car on the motorway, i'm in the middle lane and they are in the slow lane.

Im sure that my left hand Blind Spot Warning light would light up, but it does not now.

thanks

Philuk2k

Post by Philuk2k »

When you first turn the key in the ignition they should light up for a few seconds is it doing this?

Are you also using your turn signal before changing lane
coolcomp1

Post by coolcomp1 »

Yes they light up when I start the car

Do you know if the left hand side blind spot warning light lights up if you drive past a car on the left hand side on the motorway?

thanks
Philuk2k

Post by Philuk2k »

Just if your indicator is on
Rob74
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rob74 »

Mine come on when they feel like it especially if it's wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 1.5dci Tekna ink blue
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Coolcomp1, please take a look at the advice here on BSW. As Rob has mentioned ours went off today which has not happened for a long time. The weather here in Germany is a disaster at present with days of heavy rain which has not been seen for some time and flooded roads and cellars. I will have to get the tissues out again - Hope it helps Dave :)

IMG_3943.JPG

IMG_3944.JPG

IMG_3945.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

We are also experiencing some very heavy rain down here in Bavaria and my BSW lights have been in disco mode on the way to work the last few days. In the end I have just switched it off for the time being until the weather improves.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.
coolcomp1

Post by coolcomp1 »

I have taken my car into Nissan Twice now and they say it is working as it should.

I have made a video on me overtaking cars on the motorway and the blind spot warning does not light up at all

Does anyone else have Blind spot Warning ? Is mine faulty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbMXH59 ... e=youtu.be

thanks
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

coolcomp1, that is working perfectly normally, stop worrying.
If you indicate to pull either in or out whilst a vehicle is in your blind spot then the orange light will come on and you also get an audible warning.
coolcomp1

Post by coolcomp1 »

But the light is not coming on when a car is in my blind spot