Alarm goes off when it gets dark

ICE, Equipment, Options
Neil79
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Neil79 »

So I seem to have a very strange problem. I've owned the car for the last 3 months and had no problems with it until the last 4 nights. Now as soon as it gets dark the car alarm sounds. If I turn it off with the key fob or let it go off after the 28 secs it stays quiet for a minute or 2 then sounds again. The only way to stop it from sounding is to go into the car and disable the ultrasonic sensor. I thought I was going mad about it only going off when it gets dark but it has sat out all day with no problems then I've just been watching it out the window tonight and as soon as it got dark at 22:40 the alarm immediately sounded again the same as the last few nights. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas?
I've checked the battery connection, all the doors and windows and there is nothing hanging loose in the car so really at a loss as to what it can be? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

benchmark

Post by benchmark »

As you are turning off the ultrasonic detector that detects movement any chance you have a good sized moth or something like that which only appears in the dark?
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Cover the sensor to make it dark like a top off spray can test in daylight check for spiders around area. David
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

As already said above, its an insect of some sort, most likely a moth, it doesnt even have to be of any great size. I encountered the same last summer and the summer before. It took me about 3 hours to figure it out the first time it happened, then spotted the moth, got it out of the car and that was sorted!
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Maybe you've got a Vampire living in the car!!!
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
puffingbilly

Post by puffingbilly »

I'm new to this forum but a similar thing is happening to me, I've had the car for 18 months but recently the alarm has gone off at night. Only occasionally but enough to annoy the neighbours. I've taken an insect spray to some cobwebs found under the bonnet and noted the reference to the ultra sonic sensors - I know how to disable them but but where are they?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

puffingbilly wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:41 pm I'm new to this forum but a similar thing is happening to me, I've had the car for 18 months but recently the alarm has gone off at night. Only occasionally but enough to annoy the neighbours. I've taken an insect spray to some cobwebs found under the bonnet and noted the reference to the ultra sonic sensors - I know how to disable them but but where are they?
In the roof console. Not sure if its the cutouts or the black inserts. Id guess its tye inserts and the cutouts are the microphones. Try taping them up and lock someone in the car without disabling the alarm. Do them in turn to seecwhich is which.
NissanMarz

Post by NissanMarz »

I just wrote a post of exactly the same problem. Now I sprayed the car with insectiside. However I would love to learn how to deactivate the internal alarm. Any specific suggestion, please.
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Ultrasonic sensors (where fitted)
The ultrasonic sensors (volumetric sensing) detect
movements in the passenger’s compartment. When
the alarm system is set to the armed position, it will
automatically switch on the ultrasonic sensors.
It is possible to exclude the ultrasonic sensors (e.g.
when leaving pets inside the car).

To exclude the ultrasonic sensors:
1. Press the ultrasonic sensor deactivation button
2. Close the door(s)/bonnet/back door and press
the lock button on the keyfob to lock all doors/
back door.

The ultrasonic sensors are now excluded from the
alarm system. All other functions of the system re-
main activated until the alarm system is disarmed
again.

NOTE
One or any further number of presses of the ul-
trasonic sensor deactivation button j1 excludes
the ultrasonic sensors for the next time the alarm
system is armed and only that instance. Pressing
the button twice does not reactivate the system.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Steadysteve

Post by Steadysteve »

We've had this a few times.
Not necessarily at night though!

Over the last few weeks, the keyless unlock has been flakey, will not open at times, will not lock at times.
Can always unlock and lock using the unlock button on the key fob remote.

I think I've prevented the problem of the alarm going off randomly - not using the buttons on the door handles to lock, only use the key fob lock. This seems to arm the system properly, and not trigger false alarms.

2015 1.2 petrol