Electronic Parking Brake

ICE, Equipment, Options
Jas
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Jas »

Hello Guys,

I bought this Nissan Cared4 Qashqai early July.
It's a 2014 model.

I've been experiencing such problems with the Electronic Parking Brake equipped with the Qashqai.
When applying the Parking Brake, the red (P) flashes on the dashboard and the yellow (!) light illuminates.

The first point of call would be to turn the engine on, and disengage the Parking Brake, and then engage it again, which seems to fix the issue. However, this has happened several times and I am concerned with what the problem is.

Could anyone identify what the problem would be?

Thank You,
Jas.
2014 - 1.2 DIG-T Nissan Qashqai

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jas, we had the same problem and checked out all of the comments from Nissan with regard to this fault but then visited our Dealer which I would recommend you do - Electronic Problem & Braking is Important !!!
Please take a look at this post as our Dealer found nothing they could put their finger on and it has not happened since - Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2823&hilit=Electronic+problems
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Jas
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Jas »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:27 pm Jas, we had the same problem and checked out all of the comments from Nissan with regard to this fault but then visited our Dealer which I would recommend you do - Electronic Problem & Braking is Important !!!
Please take a look at this post as our Dealer found nothing they could put their finger on and it has not happened since - Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2823&hilit=Electronic+problems
Thanks Dave!

Regarding 'going to the dealer' this car has had its fair share with going to Nissan.
Believe it or not, it broke down 3 times... went to Nissan Wolverhampton the first time they explained a battery problem so they replaced the battery, second time back to Nissan Wolverhampton and they explained that it was all ok, the charging rates (etc).
The 3rd time it broke down, we went to where we bought it from which is Nissan Stourbridge, they tightened the alternator bolt and said everything should be okay now, they even took the car home and checked if everything was ok! At this point we wanted to reject the car, but no breakdowns since so we're okay.

I believe Nissan Stourbridge put their diagonistic equipment to the car and everything was ok after that alternator bolt tightened. So I'd assume that a error would of showed up on their equipment when they hooked up their diagonistic machine?

Thanks,
Jas
2014 - 1.2 DIG-T Nissan Qashqai