Alarm Going Off

ICE, Equipment, Options
LordRorthorn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by LordRorthorn »

Hi,

We picked up our brand new QQ N-Connecta at the weekend. Loving it so far (even if there is no voice control of the phone) but have had the alarm go off on a couple of occasions after the car had been unlocked.

In the first scenario, I had the IKey in my pocket. I unlocked the car using the button on the door handle, climbed into the drivers seat and was about to start the car when the alarm went off. I also noticed that the NATS warning light was blinking quickly whilst the alarm was going off.

In the second scenario, the wife unlocked the car with the button on the keyfob, then opened the boot and put the key in her coat pocket. She then opened one of the rear doors and leaned in to put the back seats back up and the alarm went off.

Anyone seen anything similar? I'm wondering if one of the key fob buttons had been pressed accidentally whilst in our pocket. I've not had the opportunity to do any tests as yet, and we've used the car frequently over the last couple of days and its only happened twice.
Nissan Qashqai 2017 1.2 DIG-T 115. Black. Glass Roof

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

On occasion I get your second senario when opening the boot. After a second or 2 the alarm will activate. A quick dab of the lock button cancels and we get on with our lifes. Not an issue for me.
LordRorthorn wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:22 pm Hi,

We picked up our brand new QQ N-Connecta at the weekend. Loving it so far (even if there is no voice control of the phone) but have had the alarm go off on a couple of occasions after the car had been unlocked.

In the first scenario, I had the IKey in my pocket. I unlocked the car using the button on the door handle, climbed into the drivers seat and was about to start the car when the alarm went off. I also noticed that the NATS warning light was blinking quickly whilst the alarm was going off.

In the second scenario, the wife unlocked the car with the button on the keyfob, then opened the boot and put the key in her coat pocket. She then opened one of the rear doors and leaned in to put the back seats back up and the alarm went off.

Anyone seen anything similar? I'm wondering if one of the key fob buttons had been pressed accidentally whilst in our pocket. I've not had the opportunity to do any tests as yet, and we've used the car frequently over the last couple of days and its only happened twice.
NickThornber
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by NickThornber »

This is similar to my problem. But it only happens at night. Did you ever get a useful solution?