Multiple faults

ICE, Equipment, Options
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I was originally talking about all earths, not just for the battery earth that you have focused on. Were talking about the earth point to the car, not to the battery terminal. Its not just the battery that can connect to the battery earth point!

I think that if you talk to experianced electrical tech/engineers you will find earthing faults are a common problem, mutiple systems can have earthing issues at the same time, especially with corrosion due to moisture ingress. Sigh!
Exjag wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:20 pm
Exjag wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:19 pm
Daewar wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:53 pm Please, your having to explain to me why you Sigh?

A poor battery earth connection wouldn't be selectively problematic on certain circuits. It would affect everything and quickly reduce the ability of the battery to perform at all. The sigh was in despair.

Exjag

Post by Exjag »

Daewar wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:49 pm What, like the battery earth?
You say that I focused on the battery earth? I'd say that was you.

Perhaps you could talk to your local 'experianced electrical tech/engineer' and ask about the chances of unconnected mulitple earths suddenly going bad due to moisture ingress? Probably as good a chance as having four simultaneous tyre blow outs without driving over spikes.

By now, the OP has the answer in any case....and it isn't multiple earths or even many circuits at a single earth point.

Like you said, it was only a guess and I never meant to jump on it. ;)
2008 Qashqai Acenta 2L Petrol Manual