FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
Dazling
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Dazling »

Well im off tomorrow to have the new firmware installed on my unit if it dosn`t fail again im hoping it fixes the problem but im not very
confident to be honest but its their last chance be for i demand a new head unit.
Is there any way to download the firmware from the unit ? if there is i will do it and share it if it dont fail to instal again

Scotty2809
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Scotty2809 »

Keen for a download of the new version too... otherwise shall call main dealer as apparently the update is free even outside of warranty.
Dazling

Post by Dazling »

Had the new Firmware installed and as expected it didnt make any differance to my problem at all, but nobody is listening to me as usual
so i start again to try and get a new head unit fitted but im not going to hold my breath!
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Dazling wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:20 am Had the new Firmware installed and as expected it didnt make any differance to my problem at all, but nobody is listening to me as usual
so i start again to try and get a new head unit fitted but im not going to hold my breath!
Are you referring to D605?

Same symptoms?

What part of the country are you in?

Not sure I've seen any other reported failures of D605 so perhaps ur unit is indeed bad. A bit early to tell.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Dazling

Post by Dazling »

Pandjh wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:31 am
Dazling wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:20 am Had the new Firmware installed and as expected it didnt make any differance to my problem at all, but nobody is listening to me as usual
Are you referring to D605?

Same symptoms?

What part of the country are you in?

Not sure I've seen any other reported failures of D605 so perhaps ur unit is indeed bad. A bit early to tell.
Yes m8 had D605 installed at the dealers but has not made any differance it happens all over m8 form Essex to Hampshire to Liverool manchester etc wherever ive been the Dab is shite and it was before the so called December 2018 Virus (lmfao) i have been onto Nissan and they dont know either so its just a waiting game now ( they have even offered me a goodwell gesture when its fixed but even they dont know what it is yet )
As you can proberly tell im not happy 2 1/2 years later still exact same problem and been told its the firmware i have took my car back at least 12 times for them to fix it or install new firmware and nothing has worked. Never going to buy another Nissan after this absolute shocking treatment and fobbed off all the time.
Dragstar

Post by Dragstar »

Hi Dazling, just had the software installed D605 for the Connect 3 System fitted in mine, not had any Further Issues at all, was normal for it drop out every day but since the update nothing working fine.
2014 Qashqai Accenta Premium 1.5DCI, Gunmetal Paintwork, Crossover Pack, Pan Roof,Bonnet Strut Kit, sidebars, and a Bit of Chrome :D
2011 Audi TT Quattro Roadster Volcano Red (Pearl}
2012 Vauxhall VXR GTC Arden Blue
2012 Vauxhall GTC 140 SRi
Dazling

Post by Dazling »

Dragstar wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 am
Hi Dazling, just had the software installed D605 for the Connect 3 System fitted in mine, not had any Further Issues at all, was normal for it drop out every day but since the update nothing working fine.
Are you saying its fixed or its broke it further ?
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

I read that last bit as... "but since the update, nothing, working fine"

it sounded positive to me 🙂
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
paul1109

Post by paul1109 »

Like others I've had the letter but will wait for 100% confirmation it works. Sounds like some dealers are being awkward about it anyway.
Silver Tekna 1.6 DIG-T 65 Reg
TonksyRob
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by TonksyRob »

Thanks Duncho,

I followed your instructions for my 2015 X-Trail with no issues whatsoever. As per the another X-trail quote my firmware version was D302 and have updated it to D554. The main issue was that the sound would drop out for approximately 20 seconds here and there. It could be on radio, aux, or a phone call.

So far I haven't had any outages since the update, so fingers crossed that it continues - I also like that the steering wheel buttons finally change over the radio favourites, not just the whole DAB list.

One thing I'd add for the upgrade is that once it starts it was stuck on 1/100 for about 10-20 minutes, but jumped up here and there from then on, and the upgrade and took about 55 minutes in total. I also left the engine running with eco mode turned off.

Thanks!

duncho wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:47 am Here is the guideline:

1. Save the ZIP file onto your desktop in a folder. Once the file has been saved into the folder, double click on it so that it can be extracted onto a blank FAT32 formatted USB stick and extract the file onto a blank USB stick.

2 For none IKey vehicles insert the key into the ignition barrel and turn clockwise to ignition "ON" mode. For IKey vehicles press the start/stop button once to enter "Ignition On" mode. Lower the drivers window to the down position. Press the hazard light switch to "ON" position and ensure the hazard lights are activated. Failure to do so can damage the Connect unit.

3. Insert the USB memory stick into the USB slot located in the centre console storage compartment or directly below LCN display, dependent on model and insert the USB Memory Stick.

4. Press and hold the "Setup" button and then turn the "Enter" button a half turn anticlockwise, then a half turn clockwise, then a half turn anticlockwise. The service menu will then appear. Release the "Setup"

5. Press the "Version" button on the screen. The 'Service Version' screen will appear.

6. Press the 'Update System Software' button. A message will appear stating 'Insert USB stick and press OK to start software download. Do not interrupt download by removal of USB drive or engine start.' Press 'OK'.

7. The 'Application' screen will now appear and will state 'Download Media Found'. Press the 'Update' button on the Nissan Connect screen.
The Nissan Connect screen will now go blank. This is normal the Nissan Connect unit is initialising the reprogramming process. DO NOT remove the USB memory stick or alter the ignition position.

8. After a 5 minute period, the screen will become active and a "Reading Medium" message will appear. The reprogramming files will begin copying from the USB stick to the unit. A time elapsed counter will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen (highlighted in red).
The reprogramming will take around 50 minutes to complete. Ensure the hazard light are still activated and ensure the battery charger/leveliser is still connect and ON.

9. After the reprogramming update has finished a message will appear stating "Please remove USB Stick. System is shutting down". Remove
the stick. The screen may remain on this screen for up to 5 minutes. This is normal DO NOT alter the ignition position.

10. The screen will then go blank and then reboot. When the rebooting process completes the Nissan logo will appear. The navigation usage guideline may also appear. Press the "Accept" button. The reprogramming operation is now complete. The hazard lights can now be switched off.

IMPORTANT: The physical reprogramming update of the Nissan Connect unit will take approximately 50 minutes. It is extremely important
to connect a battery to strong enough charger (min 10A/12V) to the vehicle battery or let the engine run during update process (ensure you have enough fuel). If the reprogramming procedure fails due to a flat battery, the unit will not be recoverable. It is important that the hazard lights are "ON" to prevent the power save feature activating on the Connect system.