FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
craigstekna
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 10:55 am

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION

Post by craigstekna » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:18 am

so apart from the steering wheel buttons now changing the presets, and hopefully the reboot issue/BT pause issue being resolved, are there any improvements/features from D305 > D605 ?
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector

andy2019
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:47 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION

Post by andy2019 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:35 pm

craigstekna wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:18 am
so apart from the steering wheel buttons now changing the presets, and hopefully the reboot issue/BT pause issue being resolved, are there any improvements/features from D305 > D605 ?
Just the issues you have listed

andy2019
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:47 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION

Post by andy2019 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:39 pm

plaza7 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:33 am
Has anyone not living in the UK tried loading firmware D605?

I'm dutch and read on a dutch QQ forum that D605 is for UK market only. I read that after loading D605 the radio doesn't turn off anymore when opening the left door. Seems D605 is meant for RHD models only.

Can someone confirm this?
And if so, is there a D6xx version available for LHD models?
What firmware is on your system at the moment. The radio turns off after 10mins if you don't even open the door.

plaza7
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:25 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION

Post by plaza7 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:11 pm

andy2019 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:39 pm
plaza7 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:33 am
Has anyone not living in the UK tried loading firmware D605?

I'm dutch and read on a dutch QQ forum that D605 is for UK market only. I read that after loading D605 the radio doesn't turn off anymore when opening the left door. Seems D605 is meant for RHD models only.

Can someone confirm this?
And if so, is there a D6xx version available for LHD models?
What firmware is on your system at the moment. The radio turns off after 10mins if you don't even open the door.
A few days ago I updated to D554 (from D205). With ignition to off, when I open the left door, the radio turns off, so that's fine.
I would like to upgrade to D605, unless this firmware is for UK only (i.e. RHD models).
Suppose I upgrade to D605, would it be possible to downgrade to D554 just in case?

andy2019
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:47 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION

Post by andy2019 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:15 am

plaza7 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:11 pm
andy2019 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:39 pm
plaza7 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:33 am
Has anyone not living in the UK tried loading firmware D605?

I'm dutch and read on a dutch QQ forum that D605 is for UK market only. I read that after loading D605 the radio doesn't turn off anymore when opening the left door. Seems D605 is meant for RHD models only.

Can someone confirm this?
And if so, is there a D6xx version available for LHD models?
What firmware is on your system at the moment. The radio turns off after 10mins if you don't even open the door.
A few days ago I updated to D554 (from D205). With ignition to off, when I open the left door, the radio turns off, so that's fine.
I would like to upgrade to D605, unless this firmware is for UK only (i.e. RHD models).
Suppose I upgrade to D605, would it be possible to downgrade to D554 just in case?
you won`t be able to downgrade back to D554, the radio going off when door opens won`t have anything to do with update, that will be a switch on the door that detects when door open/closed

plaza7
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:25 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION

Post by plaza7 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:43 am

andy2019 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:15 am
plaza7 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:11 pm
andy2019 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:39 pm


What firmware is on your system at the moment. The radio turns off after 10mins if you don't even open the door.
A few days ago I updated to D554 (from D205). With ignition to off, when I open the left door, the radio turns off, so that's fine.
I would like to upgrade to D605, unless this firmware is for UK only (i.e. RHD models).
Suppose I upgrade to D605, would it be possible to downgrade to D554 just in case?
you won`t be able to downgrade back to D554, the radio going off when door opens won`t have anything to do with update, that will be a switch on the door that detects when door open/closed
Ok, so downgrade is not possible, good to know.
Let me be more specific. When I now stop the car with ignition off and I open the left door, the radio turns off. This doesn't happen when I open the right door.
According to another dutch QQ owner, things turned the other way around after loading firmware D605. This makes me believe that D605 is meant for right-hand driver models only.

User avatar
calnorth
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION

Post by calnorth » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:29 am

There is absolutely no internal info available for the Connect ICE boxes. So we can't know anything as regards specific behaviour of the software. However, if there is a "handing" issue its probably a configuration via CAN Bus which could be performed by the Nissan Consult tool I suspect.

It would seem daft to dedicate software for such a function...but who knows?
Thankfully unbusy (retired)
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

plaza7
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:25 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION

Post by plaza7 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:11 am

D605 seems for UK market only.

kai.png


actarus999
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 3:18 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION

Post by actarus999 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi what it means ?
I'm Italian, my QQ is left-hand driver, with D300 firmware, and I want to upgrade
It is better avoid D605 firmware and upgrade to D554 or D502 ?

plaza7
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:25 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION

Post by plaza7 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:46 pm

Some Dutch QQ owners upgraded to D605, afterwhich the radio doesn't turn off anymore when opening the left door and leaving the car. I upgraded mine to D554 instead.

Post Reply