FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

duncho wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:00 am In area where I live, I don’t have DAB reception anymore. I was digging deeper and found out that broadcasting power of DAB was hugely decreased on a transmission tower near area where I live.
From my observations in UK I can see that in the case of DTV the transmitted power levels are significantly different between the national DAB TV stations (BBC) and commercial/independent providers. 20KW to 9KW. DTV on commercial stations often drops over the digital cliff...pixalation and black out.

The DAB radio transmitted power levels in UK I cannot find but suspect its the same kind of ratio. With the BBC crap hanging in there most of the time and commercial drop out at the turn of a corner or down a gradient....a bit. ICE screen goes dumb as the ICE processor tries to recover above signal level threshold...no message on screen, just dead view. Changing station is usually an awkward event for most people I'd say....very unresponsive ICE system.

Its all about money...of course!
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

calnorth wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:26 am
duncho wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:00 am In area where I live, I don’t have DAB reception anymore. I was digging deeper and found out that broadcasting power of DAB was hugely decreased on a transmission tower near area where I live.
From my observations in UK I can see that in the case of DTV the transmitted power levels are significantly different between the national DAB TV stations (BBC) and commercial/independent providers. 20KW to 9KW locally for example with Tx at 80km distance. DTV from commercial stations often drops over the digital cliff...pixalation and black out. Station not detected also.

The DAB radio transmitted power levels in UK I cannot find but suspect its the same kind of ratio. With the BBC crap hanging in there most of the time and commercial drop out at the turn of a corner or down a gradient....a bit. ICE screen goes dumb as the ICE processor tries to recover above signal level threshold...no message on screen, just dead/dumb view. Changing station is usually an awkward event for most people I'd say....very unresponsive ICE system.

On DTV there are problems with adjacent channel interference by the mobile phone system and requiring in some regions (mine) the insertion of UHF notch filter.

Its all about money...of course!
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
eelspace
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by eelspace »

There's probably nowhere with more DAB signals than my area!
Greedy79

Post by Greedy79 »

Hi , Anyone have idea what I’m doing wrong?

E8C186A5-58ED-4450-863A-B58A9736D183.jpeg

Scotty2809
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Scotty2809 »

Hi,

Does anybody have the D554 download available? All previous links are now dead or can anybody upload this to google drive etc please?

Thanks
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

For info..DAB problems:

I asked my son who has a 4 yr old Mercedes C63 what his DAB performance was like in UK. He told me 2 years ago that Mercedes were applying a software upgrade that apart from anything else would ensure DAB+ would work ok. His DAB radio performance then was junk he said.

So after 2 years more servicing from then he tells me his DAB radio in UK (London) is crap but works well in Germany when he goes there a couple of times per year.

I have a view on this and it starts around technical specifications and standards. Fortunately for me I do not use DAB or FM for that matter, primarily because its full of advertising crap + general propaganda (as is DTV).
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Scotty2809

Post by Scotty2809 »

Anybody have the download?
Hartchez

Post by Hartchez »

Scotty2809 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:22 am Anybody have the download?
Link on p.2 still works for me
EastAngle

Post by EastAngle »

The central cutomer support people finally admitted to me (after nearly a year of trying to get an answer) that there was a big problem and that they were working with their suppliers (Bosch?) to get a reliable software fix.

I was advised to get D554 installed, but told that it might not resolve the issue completely, and that a lter update (when available) might be needed
EastAngle

Post by EastAngle »

The issue can't be down to just reduced power DAB transmissions. When it fails, input from the AUX socket/cable (e.g. iPhone playing music) also fails. As does FM and LW.

And it certainly doesn't explain the unit constantly giving up the ghost and re-booting (as mine does with increasing frequency). That's a major software bug.