FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

JDZ01 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:32 pm
duncho wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:31 pm @Jacob
Try other Navi SD card.
Thanks for the advice. The old Navi-SD-card was the reason of all non-functioning of my NC.
Jacob
Great to hear that you got it solved 👍
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Hartchez
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Hartchez »

Hi. I have a Juke (F15) with a NC3 suffering the same random rebooting issue and poor DAB radio reception. Car is out of warranty so I am considering updating via USB as per Duncho's instructions and links to software - much appreciated. Before doing so wanna make sure I am good to go. Specifically I want to know if my hardware version is compatible as no one else on prev 33 pages appears to have this version.

Software: D302
Hardware: 033
VIN:SJNFAAF15U7136874

Briefly - Page 9 of the forum states all "LCN2kai are equal" I understand LCN2 but what does the 'kai' refer to?

Any help appreciated

Dave
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Dave, yes D554 is suitable for your NC.

Hartchez
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Hartchez »

Hi Duncho,
Thanks for the very quick reply!.....very much appreciated
Cheers
eelspace
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by eelspace »

So updated today and all went nicely, but have noticed when my phone is connected with Bluetooth and I go into the phone function on the NC, it doesn't see my contacts or call list anymore. They are just greyed out. I'm in the UK by the way.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Unpair your mobile, restore NC defaults and pair your mobile back again.

eelspace

Post by eelspace »

It was my fault as there was a box to tick on my phone during the pairing process as to whether to share my contacts etc. Ticked it now and that is fine. D554 has in no way fixed the DAB issue though. I had no drop outs at all on my 20 min drive home from work whilst using my phone over Bluetooth, but as soon as I reactivated the RDS function and started saving my favourite stations, it started dropping out immediately and more frequently than before. I've reset everything again and turned RDS back off and will try it again on my work commute later.
eelspace

Post by eelspace »

Didn't drop out once again on my phone over Bluetooth in a 30 min drive to work this afternoon. I can live with no DAB functionality as long as my phone doesn't drop out over Bluetooth so if D554 has solved that then I'm a happy man. I'll post any changes to this current state if it starts dropping out again. Thanks Duncho!
eelspace

Post by eelspace »

Ah well. It was worth a try updating to D554 but it doesn't appear to have worked unfortunately. After a promising start (see above), on my way home from work tonight on a 20 min commute, it dropped out 4 times for 20-30 seconds each time. No rhyme or reason why. First drop was after about 6mins, then about 3 mins later, then about 6 mins later and about 1 min after that. Maybe it's the amount of dab signals in my area (North London). Hopefully when the idiot's at Nissan pull their fingers out and release the official UK update it will get posted on here so we don't have to pay silly money to get it updated.
duncho

Post by duncho »

In area where I live, I don’t have DAB reception anymore. I was digging deeper and found out that broadcasting power of DAB was hugely decreased on a transmission tower near area where I live.