FIRMWARE VERSION

ICE, Equipment, Options
paul1109
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by paul1109 »

Yeah D554 doesn't solve the issues although a little better, it was better I thought for a few days but maybe a placebo effect.

Yesterday for a 45 minute drive I had constant DAB dropouts and the unit rebooted twice.

As others have stated it also happens when using FM or Bluetooth steaming.

So fed up with it I've been considering swapping my unit for a Android version although not sure I'd be up to fitting it despite reading all the posts on here.

Oh well just have to hope Nissan can find a fix one day....
Silver Tekna 1.6 DIG-T 65 Reg

tjarkstar
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by tjarkstar »

I've updated with Duncho's provided firmware.

Went fluently.

The only strange thing is that de button assignment is completly mix-up.
When i press navi for instance, it goes to the radio.

Allthough i have a Micra instead of a Qashqai it shouldn't matter should it?

bebe

Post by bebe »

Hello,

Our unit (hardware 031, software D205) was rebooting every few minutes. CD would play music for roughly 5 seconds every 30 seconds. Radio was probably worse. See also viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7948&p=66278#p66278.

I followed the instructions at viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5747&start=20#p53594 and it now seems OK.

Thank you so much duncho !!!

I have a question though about "After the firmware update and first restart, leave USB in and wait for another couple of minutes for app software update." viewtopic.php?p=54894#p54894

Actually, after firmware update, the USB stick is removed. Should it be plugged again ? I guess some user action would be needed to initiate app software update. What would it be ?

Some feedback:
1. The fact that the unit was rebooting so frequently was making me a bit anxious. Hardware issue ? Would it reboot during the update ? See also viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5747&start=120#p58239 But the detail of the crash/behaviour was making me lean on software causes. It went fine. I think the reboot was due to software reasons, and the system update happens in a sort of "safe mode".
2. I did it with driver window down, hazard lights on, engine on, stop/start disabled.
3. The MD5 of the file I used is 8acbae4a0da267bdce83daf4ff952ab0
4. The first software I used on Ubuntu to unzip the file didn't work. It got me empty and/or very small files. It worked OK with P7Zip Desktop.

Thank you very much again to duncho, and all those who shared their experience.
Olivier from Belgium
Craig2210

Post by Craig2210 »

Hey guys, quick question. We have a 2016 Qashqai with park assist. On ours the park assist only does parallel parking however we have been given a 2018 facelift model while our is in the garage and I've noticed that on this model the park assist also does it into a normal car park space, ie side by side not parallel. Does anyone know if a simple firmware upgrade on the connect unit releases this feature?
architect1337

Post by architect1337 »

The firmware updates described here only refer to the Infotainment system. I don't think Nissan would want us messing around with any features that manipulates the drive / engine e.g. crash collision protection, parking assist etc.

So no - Infortainment updates don't affect the parking assist feature (even though the Infortainment Unit used for the camera feature).
Parkin1983

Post by Parkin1983 »

Hi, I’m actually a 67 plate tekna x-Trail owner. Is there a firmware update which allows me to update to the new software with Apple CarPlay on?
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Parkin1983 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:35 pm Hi, I’m actually a 67 plate tekna x-Trail owner. Is there a firmware update which allows me to update to the new software with Apple CarPlay on?
Short answer "no".

You've either got it already or cannot get it via an update.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Holm3s

Post by Holm3s »

Afternoon All

Im having the issue on my wife's 65 plate Qashqai whereby the NC keeps resetting itself then every 6 or 7 resets it displays the update failure screen then repeats the process all over again.
The Signal on the radio and DAB are non existant and have been since this started a week ago.

I have tried talking to our local Nissan dealership and needless to say they weren't particularly interested as the warranty ran out last November.
They Quoted £90 to run a diagnostic check but said that according to their records the system was up to date and it would more than likely need a very pricey whole new unit if it was a hardware problem.

Ive read the thread and it seems most people have had success with Duncho's provided firmware and instructions.
I have downloaded the zip file and am more than happy to give it a go, my only concern is if it resets during the update but at the same time I don't see I have anything to lose as the NC system at the minuet is useless anyways.

Any advice gratefully accepted and apologies if I'm just covering old ground.

TIA

Martin

BUv0ZIGsSFG+VquYHljeTg.jpg

DKqMo6okRNKO2qQEG%7VqQ.jpg

QVRYJjSBQLqd0RyvDAKf0w.jpg

duncho

Post by duncho »

Do the following:
1. Follow instructions
2. Insert USB with update files
3. Do not confirm to proceed with update, just leave it in boot menu for an hour or couple of hours to see if it will reboot (HW issue) or won’t (SFTW issue)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
duncho

Post by duncho »

Also I suggest to unpair all devices and restore NC to factory defaults before commencement of the update.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!