Start/Stop only last 20-30sec

ICE, Equipment, Options
m112
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by m112 »

Hello,

I've had qashqai 1.2 (15plate) for over a year. Last year we had a battery replaced as the previous one was dead and could not start.

It appears that start/stop only works for around 30sec max. After this time the engine comes on by itself - it doesnt even last the whole red light sequence. I defo wasnt touching anything to make it start. Engine comes on by itself.

I was thinking that it may be again caused by not fully charged battery however I did 300mile trip 2 days ago so I would expect the battery to be fully charged.

Is it normal that start/stop only last around 20-30sec?

Cheers
M

Splink

Post by Splink »

Mine's a 64 plate. From new the stop start behaves as you find. To prevent a premature start I've seen some posts here which suggest selecting 1st gear (without clutch) whilst the engine is stopped. But I've not tried it myself. On rare occasions I do find the engine will still be stopped when the lights change. My garage told me the normal behaviour is totally unpredictable :?
1.2 DIG-T Acenta 2014
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Sometimes mine will stay off for 20seconds or so, whilst other times it can be a few minutes. It depends on the state of your battery and also what load is on the battery at the time. Little things all add up. Radio, wipers, heater/air on, demister, operating a window, headlights etc. DPF regents would also keep the engine running. Don't worry about it, let the car take care of itself.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I have a lot of "air on" in my QQ, it comes from the passenger seat & it cant be tuned off :lol:
gvmdaddy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:23 pm Little things all add up. Radio, wipers, heater/air on
duncho

Post by duncho »

Why don't you turn it off?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

My wife usually sits in the passenger seat :)

I was trying to be funny and referance a spelling mistake by "gmvdaddy", he wrote "heater/air on", well its should have spelled "heater/air Con"
duncho wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:48 am Why don't you turn it off?