Start stop failure and engine warning lights - any advice please?

ICE, Equipment, Options
richardhosgood21
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by richardhosgood21 »

Hi everyone, apologies for this being my first post, but I have been frequenting the pages as a guest when needed, and am hoping someone may be able to shed some light on an issue that's cropped up on our 14 plate J11 1.6dci teckna.

Basically the stop start system has never been great, very intermittent, but today it's failed, along with both amber and red engine management warning lights being lit.

Does anyone have an idea as to what may be the issue?

Thanks for any advice,

Richard

IMG_1015.PNG

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

It's almost always the battery at fault.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
richardhosgood21

I've read up on that but nothing was mentioned about the engine warning lights being illuminated.

Easiest way to check battery fault, is that by using the usual methods of checking voltage and input?
Hound

Post by Hound »

I think a voltage and amperage drop test is the way to be sure. When the battery is dodgy, all sorts of electrical weirdness manifests itself, so warning lights may well show up. Do you have an OBD2 reader to check for fault codes?
richardhosgood21

Thanks for the input, it's appreciated. I'm going to check voltages and load readings this afternoon when I leave work (had planned to do it this morning but was rushed) and then I'm taking it to the car sales place I purchased it from for them to fault read it via OBD as I don't have one - I'll update with progress in case it's useful for others in the future :)
Hound

Post by Hound »

Hope it turns out to be a simple fix! RAC replaced my battery after determining it was duff, so I didn't have to argue with any dealers trying to fob me off.
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

Looks and sounds the same as happened to me a few weeks ago. New battery needed.
richardhosgood21

Checked the battery after work and it was 12.38v, a little low I know. The battery isn't one of the Fiamm batteries, it's a silver genuine Nissan thing (which I now hope isn't a Fiamm??) and showed nice and green in the viewing circle. Started her up, voltage dropped no lower than 10.65v so that's good, revved it up and voltage up to 14+.

Drove it to the garage, was flat as over 60mph, and seemingly misfiring. Got it plugged in, and only one fault, DPF soot!

Knowing why this is (she uses it to and fro work and doesn't really drive it) I asked them to clear the code, which they did and all happily FOC, I then went on a nice 'DPF regeneration friendly' drive for 40 minutes, it felt nippier after ten minutes than prior, and hopefully, by keeping it a bit more lively, will prevent it happening again (he says fingers crossed!)
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

Perhaps I haven't been paying attention at the back, but is this not one of the first mentions of DPF problems on a 1.6 dCi? I thought Renault had sorted things out on this engine.
Hope you can keep the exhaust free flowing from now on, Richard. :)
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'm surprised to see this too as the J11 has an automatic DPF regeneration system. But glad you appear to have got your problems sorted out. :)