Key Fault warning light

ICE, Equipment, Options
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Rustical"]
seems are key fault warning and stop/start warning are linked to the wife's mobile phone interfering with the QQ's ether! No issues when she does not have it with her. 1.5 dci Accent premium pearl black with chrome extra's[/QUOTE]This verges on the funny and sad to say the obvious retort escapes me at this point in time!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Smacks of my colleagues wife been the only one to have the seatbelt warning bong come on when just her in the car. Turned out to be her handbag was heavy enough to set off the passenger seat alert.

One of lifes quirks.
If it's really the phone it suggests it's incorrectly shielded or bleeding into other spectrums it should not be in.

Tends to suggest the car could be immobilised by unscrupolous people too.
Nissan no more...
Rustical

Post by Rustical »

LOL, you mean I still have the possibility of another warning light being activated, I think I will by her a Gucci bag least you can only fit a lipstick in it. 1.5 dci accenta premium pearl black chrome extras, diamond cut wheels, black eye and broken arm!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I had warning just now "Invalid Key ID" or someat similar.I remember section from manual, which also applies if battery low, which shouldn't be case with1 week old QQ of course.A graphic is shown on display, which asks you (with image) to touch key on start button, and then all was OK
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
bev 2311

Post by bev 2311 »

I had a alert the other day saying key system fault on the screen near steering wheel
cjs3003

Post by cjs3003 »

my 3 week old qashqai has just show that fault too will be phoning dealership tomorrow?Y? T
dazzer42

Post by dazzer42 »

We received our new QQ in mid April and within a week, got the Key System Fault, actually while we were away on holiday, which was disconcerting. The car had been back into dealership a couple of times with no change, then my wife rang Nissan direct. They raised a fault number and then the dealship rang to say they had a memo from Nissan that other people reporting issue and it was to do with clutch pedal! Went in again last week, but guess what happened at weekend? Extremely happy with the car, and to be honest the service at the dealership has been first class, but really could do with an answer as to whether its a major problem or not, or maybe going to have to talk to Top Gear or Which :)
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

These Ikeys are a PITA, the proximity to the vehicle is very tight and if you wanred out of the range when getting out and pressing the lock button it will alarm with no key or incorrect key detected. The only way is to get into the car and press the start button to wake it back up.PITA!
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

dazzer42

Post by dazzer42 »

we get the warning when we are driving!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

My son's BMW gets the key message as well, it was put down to the effect of his wife's mobile phone interfering when downloading emails or anything that is using the data transfer system. He never has the problem when her phone is off or not in the car.I would imagine that this system is just not available to Nissan, this type of technology is expensive to develop and I would bet it is shared across many marque's models and they are also having similar issues. I believe a lot of what we have was developed by Bosch and Audi are having problems as well as BMW
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors