Key Fault warning light

ICE, Equipment, Options
Rustical

Post by Rustical »

Has anyone had the Key fault warning light come on? Vehicle only 3 weeks old! Accenta premium 1.5 dci

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Remind us what does the warning light look like?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Mine has said "Key Mis-match" or "Incorrect key" (or something similar) and refused to start a couple of times now but only after letting me open the doors and get in!.
phaedra2014-04-21 16:26:03
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Ive had mine on but always my faultThe range the key has to be is very close to car, when i go in petrol station and get out car it states incorrect key etcNever not opened or started and ive not yet had to get key out of pocket and open doors with remote but if you sit in back of car with key in pocket then you run risk of the warning as i found out last week in train station as i wanted dropping offWife would of been pissed as i got outa car and she tried to drive off lol
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I've only had it when done "on purpose" IE if I have the ignition switched on or engine on and I exit the car (read, I am no longer inside the cabin) then the warning indicator will come on. I would have thought I could trick it and increase the range of the key by leaving the door open, nope as soon as you leave the cabin, bam, warning comes up. Even trying the key in the boot results in a key warning. If you find that you have problems and the key is inside the cabin (mine is usually in my pocket, or launched into one of the cup holders in the centre console), the manual suggests hovering the key over the stop/start button for a few seconds (like you would RDFID as you were...). I understand you can do this even if the battery in the ikey is dead, a fail safe option if you were.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

its handy in a car jacking situation (as so many were concerned lol)bad man comes gets you outa car he jumps in you run off car stopsAs Splank says ive seen it be with me its always been my fault not the cars
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Very interesting, this has never happened to me but as I aways have my key in my pocket that explains why. So a good few things to remember in here might come in handy one day - especially the guy attempting run/drive off in my new QQ!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Id imagine anyone trying to run off with your QQ the key fob last of hes worries lol
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

The 'training' would snap in I'm sure - hopefully the body could keep up!
Rustical

Post by Rustical »

seems are key fault warning and stop/start warning are linked to the wife's mobile phone interfering with the QQ's ether! No issues when she does not have it with her. Nissan can find no recorded faults when they checked it! 1.5 dci Accent premium pearl black with chrome extra's