Fitting extra led indicators

ICE, Equipment, Options
andymanone
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andymanone »

Hi all, sure someone here can help me please. I’ve just ordered the zunsport lower front grill but before fitting it I would like to add two small extra led indicators inside the bumper. Just below the centre splitter part there are small flat apertures in either corner, perfect for putting two small 6led strips. Fitting is no problem but wiring is another thing. I’ve watch a few vids etc but can’t seem to find anything along the lines of what I’m trying to achieve. I’m guessing I have to split the turn signal wires in the headlight to connect them but will I need to use resistors to stop hyper flashing? Thanks,Andy.

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

If you're keeping the original incandescent bulbs in the indicators but just adding LED strips, the LEDs won't hyperflash and you won't need resistors. It's fairly easy to tap into the wires that feed the indicators: green is +ve, black is -ve. I find PosiTaps better than the usual ScotchLok thingies.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
andymanone
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andymanone »

Hi Hound and thanks yet again for the info. That’s great so a pretty straight forward fit for me. Shall be ordering leds tonight.