Air Con

ICE, Equipment, Options
Jeet
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Jeet »

DaveBerlin, this was the initial issue I was having. I had booked a Groupon offer for £29 @ ATS, but engineer said car had a different sized nozzle and needed the new style gas. No on else could do it so dealer quoted £189. Even I was confused when the service agent said it needed the old style gas, so cost would be cheaper (just checked invoice and was £69), even though I have the same sticker. Had it done back in July and it's been working OK ever since. My head is hurting now....lol
Upgraded from J10 Tekna to J11......let the fun begin!

Jeet

Post by Jeet »

Sorry for the very late reply @DaveBerlin. Same has happened again, Aircon very weak so called the dealer to book for a re-gas. Was quoted £189, but when I mentioned I was charged £89 last time they amended the quote. However, when I dropped the car in I was told the wrong price has been quoted, and that it needs the new style gas. Agreed to honour price, but then got a call saying that the technician said a re-gas shouldn't be needed but suspected a leaking condenser- quote £649!!! Alot to pay for a suspicion....
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jeet, hopefully you have finally got there and a New Condenser will be installed, then your problems should go away - Best of Luck Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

Just an update for you guys- I found a guy who quoted just over £300 to replace the condenser and re-gas- half the dealers quote. This was on a aftermarket condenser, £50 more for Nissan part. He has done so many recently that he's now having problems sourcing new condensers. Stupidly I didn't take any pictures but the leaks were just wet areas spread across the face of the condenser. No way that a 'stone' had damaged it, as per dealers diagnostics -the location of it is too high for any direct damage. I went for the aftermarket one has I'm thinking of changing my Qashqai soon. Not sure if I can share his details @DaveBerlin but can do if allowed. Mobile service in the Yorkshire area. The aftermarket one was slightly heavier than the original one that came out too