Sat nav sending a map from Google Maps

ICE, Equipment, Options
monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler »

Good Morning

I have the Qashqai 2015 DCi Tekna model and I've had this from new. I enjoy the car although not over impressed with the sat nav and its directions. I've had the firmware updated and bought a new maps update card from Ebay.

I have recently changed jobs which requires a lot of driving and I do a regular trip from Huddersfield to Southampton amongst others, the sat nav is set to fastest route option.

Can anybody advise how a route from Google Maps or TomTom I can send to my sat nav? I have downloaded TomtomGO on my phone but it does defeat the object of having a built in sat nav.

I had to get to the other side of London the other day from Southampton and it took me straight through the centre where I arrived home to a £65 congestion charge :oops: so any advice would be gratefully received.

Apologies off topic wondered if anyone has had issues with radio keep cutting off and their keys not being recognised?

TIA Mona

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I'm sure that if you type "Google Send To Car" in the search box at the top you'll get a couple of hundred hits.

Does switching on the option to avoid toll roads route you away from the congestion charge area?

The key not being recognised happens very occasionally to me - you probably found out that the immediate solution is to hold the key fob up to the Start button. DAB radio can be patchy but FM should be ok... see whether your Connect system has the most recent software (I have D502 but there may be an even later version).
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

The Google Maps "Send to Car" goes into the google app on the car entertainement unit & not directly to the sat nav. When u access the route in the google car app it will then open the satnav routing.
monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler »

Thank you Daewar - can send to phone but not car? Will this play out through my sat nav also and show the correct map?

Many thanks.

Mona
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Google send to car only sends the actual destination to the car. Great for filling up your address book without having to do it all on the Connect unit. But the actual navigation to that destination is done by the car system.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I'm surprised to hear that - not having ever tried it, I assumed it would send the Google Maps route. Sorry for the bum steer.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Hound wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:09 pm I'm surprised to hear that - not having ever tried it, I assumed it would send the Google Maps route. Sorry for the bum steer.
That would never work in practice because google maps is always up to date with the latest roads, even the very latest Nissan map data SD cards still have recent new bypasses, and other changes missing, so your car may think it is directing you through a field!
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler »

Thanks guys, yes Hound that does work holding the fob up to ignition. Shame about the sat nav - what a waste, guess I'll have to use my phone or maybe buy one.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

What you need to do is look at the calculated route in your sat-nav and if you don't like it, set a waypoint for the car to hit to make sure it goes approximately the way that you think is sensible and appropriate, thus avoiding any areas you consider inappropriate.
monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler »

Thanks Juke will have a go and update how I get on 🤗