Can't connect my new Lenovo P2 to bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
nedsram
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by nedsram »

Qashqai 09 reg. The unit says pairing failed and the phone says pairing refused. Then a box for the 4 digit PIN then appears briefly on the phone before disappearing again. According to Lenovo this is because the bluetooth on the car is an older version than on the phone and a firmware upgrade is needed for the car system. Can this be done by any Nissan dealer, and is so, any idea what it would cost? I've never had this problem with any previous phone. Many thanks.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Look if your phone has the car on its blue tooth list & delete it if it is there, also do this to the car. Now try again
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Software updates are done as part of a genuine Nissan service at zero cost. They won’t usually do it as a stand alone update.
nedsram

Post by nedsram »

Thanks for the suggestion Daewar, but it made no difference. The phone wasn't showing up on the car's list. When I select "pair phone" on the car, it shows the PIN, but when I tell the phone to pair with MY CAR, nothing happens until the car times out. The "enter PIN" box then briefly appears followed by "pairing rejected". The car reports "pairing failed". There's obviously a mismatch between the communication protocols in the car and phone.

I haven't had my car serviced by a Nissan dealer for years, instead using an independent garage that services both of our cars. If I take it to Nissan for the next service, will they do it then?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

nedsram, get it serviced and they will apply any applicable updates for your vehicle, however it may still not be compatible with tge version of Bluetooth on newer phones. The software and hardware of the old Connect unit is different to the version now being used.
nedsram

Post by nedsram »

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll have to wait until the service is due next April.
dafman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by dafman »

Had the same problem with a sony xperia phone and after a bit of research found that the connect system pin code (0000) is not the same as the phone (1234). So try deleting all refernce to phone on connect and connect on phone then turn off bluetooth on both devices wait a few minutes then retry, this worked for me so hope it works for you. P.S There are also apps in the google play store that my help you. Good luck
2014 QQ J11 pearl black 1.5dci accenta premium
2018 QQ J11B magnetic red 1.2dig-t n connecta