Indicator bulb

ICE, Equipment, Options
Brian44
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Brian44 »

I have a 17 Reg Qashqai, registered in May, with less that 1000 miles on the clock. The rear off side wing, indicator bulb, has had to be replaced. The dealer informed me that I should carry out the replacement myself. As I could not get the perspex cover off, I took the vehicle to an establishment specializing in these replacements. They carried out the replacement but said that it should have been done under guarantee. The dealer says it is not covered. Nissan say that it is down to individual dealers and there is no overall policy. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks in anticipation.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I'd certainly expect the dealer to show some goodwill and change any blown lamps in year 1 of ownership.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I agree with Gel here. It may be a wear-and-tear part but you should reasonably expect its lifetime to exceed 1000 miles.

It's only two bolts to remove the rear wing lamp assembly, if you ever have to attempt it again.

turnsignal.jpg

(Nearside shown - offside is the same procedure)

bulb.jpg

Last edited by Hound on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Brian44, totally agree with the comment from Gel, but again this depends on the relationship with your Dealer. From what I know this sort of problem of a Light Bulb is not covered under Guarantee. If this helps take a look at this short overview - Dave 😊
Excluded items are : Fuses / Lamps / Bulbs / Bulb Holders ..........

BB41F417-A572-4734-AB7D-E13E5EBA0950.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Brian,

As i have no idea where on the planet you are from i will assume its England. Just go read the sale of goods act & then take it to your dealer, this has nothing to do with the car warranty. They have played you like a fool.

Oh, its called "Consumer Rights Act 2015" now. This link makes it easy to read. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... rights-act

Brian44 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:15 pm I have a 17 Reg Qashqai, registered in May, with less that 1000 miles on the clock. The rear off side wing, indicator bulb, has had to be replaced. The dealer informed me that I should carry out the replacement myself. As I could not get the perspex cover off, I took the vehicle to an establishment specializing in these replacements. They carried out the replacement but said that it should have been done under guarantee. The dealer says it is not covered. Nissan say that it is down to individual dealers and there is no overall policy. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks in anticipation.