Parking sensor button

ICE, Equipment, Options
Johnsummer
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Johnsummer »

Hi, bought a QQ Acenta with smart vision 2015 1.2digit a couple of weeks ago and the problem list is growing for the dealership to look at on the 30th November.

I have a question, to the right of the steering wheel is a button with a "P" marked on it. The handbook says the button is used to manually switch the parking sensors off and on.

My sensors have been playing up so I switched them off using the button, but they continually switch themselves back on. On a straight road 1 mile long I switched them off 8 times.

The question is if I switch them off should they stay off until I switch them on or select reverse.

Dealership say if switched off they will automatically come on when the car starts moving.

I know I can switch front or rear or both off in setting.

Thanks

John.

Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Dealers are correct, when you turn them off using that button it's only a temporary thing, they will stay off until you come to a stop then re activate. The only way to turn them off is to go into the main menu in the centre screen between the dials and go into parking aids and turn off either front or rear or both, they will now be disabled until you re activate them doing Following the same procedure. Hope this helps
Johnsummer

Post by Johnsummer »

Thanks for the information, the front sensors are playing up, I press the button and almost instantly they re-activate. Once they sort the front sensors it won't be a problem.
I did enquire re having a towbar fitted and the towbar centre I would deactivate the sensors when trailer is coupled by pressing the button. Won't be going there to have it fitted. Thanks john.
chosan

Post by chosan »

Johnsummer wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:49 pm Thanks for the information, the front sensors are playing up, I press the button and almost instantly they re-activate. Once they sort the front sensors it won't be a problem.
I did enquire re having a towbar fitted and the towbar centre I would deactivate the sensors when trailer is coupled by pressing the button. Won't be going there to have it fitted. Thanks john.
With the original towbar installed, the rear sensor will automatically be turned off. At least it does on my car when I the connect the trailer.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Monkeywba wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:30 pm Dealers are correct, when you turn them off using that button it's only a temporary thing, they will stay off until you come to a stop then re activate.
Not true on my car, they seem to be on a timer rather than being linked to vehicle movement. I turn mine off when off-roading but they soon come back on when you pass a clump of grass or debris on the ground.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
switchback

Post by switchback »

chosan wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:31 am
Johnsummer wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:49 pm
With the original towbar installed, the rear sensor will automatically be turned off. At least it does on my car when I the connect the trailer.
Mine stay activated with trailer connected, genuine Nissan supplied and installed. I have to press the button when reversing to stop the annoying bleeping. OK going forward. If you fit a tow bar you might need the software adjusted to narrow the sensor angle so the sensors don't pick up the tow ball.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

If you hold the switch for about 5 to 10 seconds it permanently switches them off on mine when they play up haven’t been doing it as much recently so have t needed to switch them off
Qashqai j11 1.6 dci 4x4 Magnetic Red
switchback

Post by switchback »

Flann90 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:01 pm If you hold the switch for about 5 to 10 seconds it permanently switches them off on mine when they play up haven’t been doing it as much recently so have t needed to switch them off
That's interesting...........................I've just had a look in my handbook and according to that it's just a switch. Nothing about timers, vehicle movement or your discovery about holding the button in.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Yeah I had a look they were driving me mental once so I just kept holding it and they switched off I thought they broke but I just did th3 same to put them back on
Qashqai j11 1.6 dci 4x4 Magnetic Red
Golfsrevis

Post by Golfsrevis »

I havent got a switch on my 2017 tekna 1.5 dci ,is this normal ?