Security

ICE, Equipment, Options
RobCooke
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by RobCooke »

Hi all, I don’t know if any of you know about the following issue and be really interested to know if you do...
Last night I attended a football match and parked our 66 plate QashQai tekna in the usual street, when I returned I found that the drivers door window had been smashed, and the rear part of the front door frame damaged because the fiend had inserted a screwdriver or whatever was used. On first inspection it looked like nothing had gone, until another guy told me his Nissan had been broken into also, I walked down the street with between 50-70 cars parked to find that at least four Nissans had been done exactly the same. On phoning the police to report it, they asked has anything been stolen to which I replied I don’t think so, and the officer then asked if the SD Card had been stolen from the radio head unit, fumbling around in the dark I discovered it had, and so had the other cars too, he had many previous reports of this happening...! After much research today it would seem that Nissan know all about this issue too, as on a visit to Stockport Westway Nissan, all the cars on the forecourt had a sticker in the window saying “No SD Card”, if this isn’t admitting they know about the problem, I don’t know what is!! Even the manager said they had cars that had been cleared of SD cards 3 times this year..! After speaking with them further I found out that a replacement card is around £110, so there is definitely a market for these thieves to easily pinch and sell on, it would seem on eBay for around £35.00... in a viscous circle type scenario. I would ask anyone on here to shed more light if they know any more about this, and more importantly report it too NISSAN Motor Company GB, contact number 0330 123 0444, so that a big enough case is built in order to put a STOP to it..in the meantime I have suggested to Nissan motor company GB to research this further and suggested that they sell any poor unfortunate customer a replacement card for a nominal fee of say £5 (price of an SD Card) with the same build number as provided with tha car, (therefore we would not be asking for any additional updates for free) Hopefully then it would put a definite STOP to thieves causing all the window, door, theft of SD Card, and heartache in the first place.

Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Or they could provide the stickers saying no so card inserted for the windows and take the card out temporarily what a pain it’s ridiculous that’s the scum of today will find anyway to make a tiny amount of money at massive expense and stress to others
Qashqai j11 1.6 dci 4x4 Magnetic Red