central locking

ICE, Equipment, Options
ajukes90
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by ajukes90 »

Hello my father has a mk1 2009, the central locking on the fob does not work its had a new battery but still no avail. If he does it old school with the key in the door it only locks and opens the drivers door all of the others are still unlocked, the central locking button on the inside both locks and unlocks all doors, is this a simple fix such as a fuse or is it more extensive like needing to re map the key to the brain?

Thanks in advance Alex

dani87

Post by dani87 »

If you press unlock on the fob does it unlock the car and gazards flash? If it does the key is working. try spraying lube in the ignition barrel and working the key in and out a few times. There is a sensor in there that if it sticks it thinks the key is in the barrel and wont let you lock the car with the fob.
urchin
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by urchin »

Did you manage to figure out what caused this?

I have the same issue, my indicators do not flash when I push the button, literally nothing happens, but I have had the key reprogrammed today thinking it was that and it still doesn't work. I have also checked the number 9 fuse which is apparently the right one for interior lights and central locking but it was fine.