Will the new shark fin aerial on the j11b fit the j11a

ICE, Equipment, Options
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Hello people I’ve seen the new aerial and I’m fancying giving it a go at trying to fit the geunine one from the new j11b if anyone has any knowledge on whether it will be possible or has anyone tried it. Surely the aerial was just made to fit the original hole as it looks at though most of the changes are just cosmetic ie bumpers and lights on the newer model.
Qashqai j11 1.6 dci 4x4 Magnetic Red

Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

There are a few posts on this website about fitting 3rd party shark fin aerials to the J11A model. Not sure anyone has tried fitting a J11B shark fin aerial to the J11A.

It was pointed out to me when I picked my QQ up the other month that in order to boost the DAB signal with the shark fin aerial, Nissan had to incorporate some wavy/squiggly lines on the rear window. I have recently found out that the two additional vertical lines are for boosting the radio signal also.

wavy lines.jpg

Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Flann90, I think it will depend if any electrical parts are hanging from the Base of the New Aerial and if there is enough space there between the roof. Take a look at these old posts you might pickup some tips here - Dave ;)

Take a note on what “Sandgrounder” mentioned on the Rear Door Window Antenna.
viewtopic.php?t=5326&start=10

viewtopic.php?t=1127&start=140
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Thanks for the reply Dave so how did yours hold up did it give a good dab signal
Qashqai j11 1.6 dci 4x4 Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Flann90, we had a Shark Fin Antenna on our Juke (no DAB) and it looked good so we decided to install the same from Village Garages Canada on the QQ. But this was done after a lot of playing around including tests with different antennas, Nissan Dealer modified (too expensive) and tests with a system from Duncho (The Electronics Guy). For us here in Berlin the DAB still functions when used, looks good etc. and for the outlay still happy - Dave :)
There is a lot of data inc. in other posts on the Forum
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken