Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
luxor

Post by luxor »

Hi thought I would share again our March 2018 QQ is now hands free . I can make and receive calls exactly the same as my previous QQ from the steering wheel . It will even read out the txt messages everything the same. It was not easy to do but I have sorted it. So crazy to find out after purchase that it did not work. But it does now.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Luxor, do not keep everybody in suspense how did you do it, a DIY job or through a Nissan Update. It would be interesting to know - Thanks Dave :D
I have a draft email done to send to Nissan using Gel’s information so it would just be nice to know before I send it ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Galriad wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:38 pm Afternoon all. Just had an interesting conversation from the Director’s office at Nissan. Apparently, there were discussions about keeping, or removing this functionality as part of the facelift. It was decided to remove it from the “QQ”. Not sure what that means for other cars in the range. I asked about a note in this thread that said a German owner of an XTrail had his returned with a software update. His answer was that may have been a different issue. In short, they do not know when, or if, the functionality will be returned to the QQ. My wife’s juke has it, but he does not know what will happen to other models. I mentioned that this is probably one of the biggest subjects on the forum and it has upset enough potential buyers sufficiently to not purchase one. His retort was that was their decision to make. In short, don’t hold your breath. His suggestion, as others have been told, use the screen to make calls, but you can’t have messages read to you, or dictate messages using the screen. He understood that, but had no answers for its return. He did say that they will answer any, and all, correspondences. Including any from the motoring press. I for one will now see how interested they may be in talking to Nissan about this issue.

BTW Dave. I never took it that way...
I would have been interested in hearing a reply to, Am I going to be compensated or will Nissan buy back my car as I have clearly not been provided with the functionality I purchased.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Den123

Post by Den123 »

The sun news paper pay for stories
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

luxor wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:38 pm Hi thought I would share again our March 2018 QQ is now hands free . I can make and receive calls exactly the same as my previous QQ from the steering wheel . It will even read out the txt messages everything the same. It was not easy to do but I have sorted it. So crazy to find out after purchase that it did not work. But it does now.
Luxor, do tell, as Nissan have told me they took it off the QQ and don’t know when, or if, they will put it back on. You can’t dangle the carrot and not let us bite it. I’ll give you my email address if you want...
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

Just looked up Luxor’s post to see what to do. No joy with an iPhone. Luxor do you have an android phone?
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

You made me laugh Luxor as you sound like Nissan.
Say it works wonderfully but you can’t tell anyone how.
Strange how you can fix it but Nissan Australia have had my car back and forth for 6mths now and they can’t fix it as, they have said, it is disabled and turned off.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Could this be “Fake News” ? - Dave :roll:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

Not sure what Luxor did, but just tried my daughter’s android phone. Guess what, that didn’t work either. The only way you can do it; and I only know about apple devices, is to have Siri listen out for you saying “hey, Siri”. It then springs in to life and you can use it through the speaker and microphone. The trouble is, it needs to be plugged in to a power source, you need to be going slow enough so you don’t get road noise and the radio off so it can hear you. Not ideal and only works in certain conditions.
tophat57

Post by tophat57 »

I'm not sure which nationality is entitled to hands free! Its also in the UK brochure and manual. So if the manual is international, someone must get it, unless theyre lying, have removed it from all vehicles and just don't want to admit it and issue up to date manuals to customers. My dealer told me it's never been availble on the QQ. But if thats the case, why doesn't the paperwork add up, and why have the controls on the stearing wheel. In these "cost sensitive" times, why waste money on fitting something that doesnt work? The whole thing stinks.
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........