Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
Gregvaldos
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Gregvaldos »

You donot need to give attitude Gloucester the thread is a lot of help

It not just so easy to sue them cause it takes a long time. I am in channels now

Can you give some positive and helpful words to any one who is caught like this or you just come to poke a finger

I am very up set with nissan and the mis truth selling to me

Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

Do you always tell people what to do Gloucester, obviously like to be in control of what others have to say yet you are not very good at it.

Take a read of the thread you fool take a look that others are suffering with this fault as well.
If you don’t have this fault and it doesn’t affect you or bother Yuit then move on and stop trolling where you don’t belong!
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Devilrex, reposted just in case you missed it first time. It does work. Note that full hands free functionality is only provided if your car has Apple Car Play on the head unit. At the moment very few cars have this as Nissan are only using it on limited edition models. However you can still gain hands free if you follow the info below, at least with an iPhone in my case. I dont have any other phones to check.
I understand your frustration and may well feel the same if I was in your position, but to be honest it isnt really a safety issue at all, and VOSA in the UK have said the same. Give the details below a try and let us know how you get on. It would also help to make things a little more clear if you would post a photo of the section in your owners manual that tells you how to operate making a phonecall in your vehicle whilst driving.
Hope this is of help to you.
gvmdaddy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:06 pm
Galriad wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:50 pm
nick99 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:17 pm The good news for anyone who really needs to make hands free calls from a J11B is that it is possible. The bad news is that you need a Windows phone that is enabled for “Hey Cortana”. The most common models in the UK are Lumia 950, 950 XL, 930, or 1520.

Cortana, the Windows digital assistant on these models can be activated while the phone is still in standby. This is needed to initiate the call “hands free” so that phone does the work not the car. After the dialling process starts the Bluetooth in the car takes over and the conversation is relayed via the Qashqai speakers in the normal way.
The same functionality is available on an iPhone using “hey Siri”. But as I mentioned everything needs to be off and not much road noise. It’s the phone that is doing the work as the wake up then connects the phone to the microphone. It looks as if Nissan uk are doing this across the range as someone posted that their micra wouldn’t connect to the hands free function. To me this is a safety issue as you now can’t do what you used to without taking your eyes off the road. The BS given to me by the directors office is worrying as I think this is a prelude to this functionality being taken out of all models in favour of things like propilot. I have also written to Auto Express, but no reply.
Just had the chance to play around in my daughters Micra. After reading her owners manual it appears that the steering wheel buttons can be used to make a call but only if the cars entertainment system has integrated Apple CarPlay and this is not standard across the range on the Nissan Connect head units, it’s limited to Special Edition models at the moment.
You CAN make hands free calls on the standard Connect head unit if you use an iPhone. I’ve noticed it’s slightly different to how it’s described above.
First of all you need to enable ‘Hey Siri’ in your phones settings.
The phone MUST be connected to the cars USB socket.
There is no need to press any buttons at all to start a call, just say ‘Hey Siri’. After a few seconds you will get the familiar double Apple beep tone through the car speakers.
Then just say ‘Phone xxx’ and the call will be made.
The radio can be either on or off, same with the satnav or just the map.
I’ve not tried it with anything plugged into the aux socket as I’ve nothing to plug in.
Bluetooth can be enabled or not, it doesn’t matter.
You can receive calls using Bluetooth and the steering wheel buttons, but to make a call totally hands free the phone must be plugged into the USB.
I’m sure it uses the cars microphone completely as I’ve had the phone in pockets, the glovebox and I’ve even put it under a cushion and sat on it and it still listens for the ‘Hey Siri’ command to make a call. I’ve done exactly the same with the phone not plugged into the USB but just on Bluetooth and ‘Hey Siri’ won’t even work directly on the phone until you disable the Bluetooth.
I did note however, the first time I tried it the phones volume inside the car was so low you couldn’t hear it and needed turning up to around 25 or so to be easily audible. This volume is entirely independent from the radio volume.
I don’t have an Android or Windows phone to see if they will work the same way.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

The people who are adamant it's not working on their cars should stop complaining on here and sort it out through legal channels.

What are you gaining by constantly wittering on about it. No one on here can rectify your cars.

HOWEVER you will need cast iron evidence that it DOESN'T work if you are to pursue the legal route.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

No safety organisation is going to support you in making it easier to make phone calls when driving, since the advice is not to use the phone in the first place!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Gvmdaddy thanks for this, I did read it a while back and I have been reading all methods that might fix the fault.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work in my car and has failed in many others here in Aus as well.

Don’t like the complaining Gloucester? then get of the thread and go do some knitting or something as you’re of no help mate!
Gregvaldos

Post by Gregvaldos »

I got a iPhone the instructions have been tried n dont work
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I thought this was a Forum, take a read of this - Dave ;)

F02A3FBF-2FB6-48AD-A04A-0DF87916E1F7.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jet

Post by jet »

Devilrex wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:25 am I could not care less any longer if Nissan is going to fix this fault or not but I do care that I was lied to about the features on this car.
Devilrex, I have been following this thread with great interest for more than six months and now I feel terribly misled by it's subject, i.e. by you. It should not be called "Phone can't dial..." but "I was lied to by Nissan and I cannot get over it", for example.
I am sure none of the members here would be able to help you with your problem but we all feel great sympathy for you and your grief.
Not sure if you are actually looking for help, but gloucester's advice seems the most sensible to me. Life is too short to deal with Nissan after all.
1.5 dCi MT Premium
Rob
Site Admin
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Rob »

Can we all ensure we avoid insulting each other, avoid arguments and appreciate that what might not be an issue to you, can obviously be an issue to others.

I do think this thread is beginning to run it’s course and unless any further official response or action is forthcoming soon, I don’t see any point in continuing it further.

Thanks