Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Still digging around and in fact spoke to NCS Germany for 30 mins this week but really did get nothing from the chat so I sent an email with questions and added the Forum attachments on this problem. I received a quick answer which stated please contact your Dealer ! - which I will - I Hope the attached helps Dave :)
Now I have just been on the German web and found a comment which appears to be related to our questions. Please take a look it might be worth a follow up - Software Update !

40BA22EA-DA17-415B-868E-2256D02C7162.jpeg

I think this is what you are looking for but this is on the US Rogue Sport (QQ)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXCz0IRtXVk&sns=em

German to English simple Translation of the 3 comments :

I drive a Nissan X-Trail Facelift and I can although connect my iPhone 6 with the car via Bluetooth but when I want to use Siri unfortunately I cannot...........

Hello I have the same problem with a Nissan QQ2018 Facelift

I now have a Software Update and it works. Maybe you should ask your Salesman. (13.02.2018)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

As I mentioned I said I would speak to our Dealer as recommended by NCS - another Dead End. I spoke to our Sales Guy (he had heard from me before) then the Service Engineer then the Service Technician, none of these Guys appeared to be aware of this „Hands Free“ Problem. What was said was that they have had no complaints on this subject from other Customers except questions from the Brit and were actually surprised I used this system. They seemed to be speaking honestly and it appeared highly possible Customers just do not complain that often - I tried ! Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

I went in to the dealer yesterday and only sales guys around. He simply said. I sell em I don’t know about systems. Went in today and spoke to a service rep. Very sympathetic and looked at all the option in settings thinking something hasn’t been enabled. No joy. He suggested it might need a software update. Now booked in for an investigation... I will let you know what happens. Definitely in the owners manual. Has anyone thought about contacting the motoring press. Could make an interesting article. Car companies that promise things and don’t deliver... thinking of the mention of the non leather, leather features in the Merc.
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

This is the sort of issue that the Daily Mail likes to get involved in.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

If in the UK you can complain to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency if you think you have a serious safety defect that the manufacturer isn't taking seriously - reported Kia for the LED lights on my Optima SW

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and- ... ety-defect
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

rod9669 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:30 pm If in the UK you can complain to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency if you think you have a serious safety defect that the manufacturer isn't taking seriously - reported Kia for the LED lights on my Optima SW

I dont think you could consider this a 'serious safety defect'. Inconvenient maybe, but not the former.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

gvmdaddy wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:50 pm
rod9669 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:30 pm If in the UK you can complain to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency if you think you have a serious safety defect that the manufacturer isn't taking seriously - reported Kia for the LED lights on my Optima SW

I dont think you could consider this a 'serious safety defect'. Inconvenient maybe, but not the former.
Is it considered safe to touch your phone these days whilst driving? Surely that button is a safety feature?
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Misrepresentation is perhaps the real issue, according to the posts on this forum it appears that Nissan may have sold functionality which has been reported not to exist\does not work and which is detailed in the owners manual.

There are three types of misrepresentation, take your pick

1. Fraudulent misrepresentation: where a false representation has been made knowingly, or without belief in its truth, or recklessly as to its truth.

2. Negligent misrepresentation: a representation made carelessly and in breach of duty owed by Party A to Party B to take reasonable care that the representation is accurate. If no "special relationship" exists, there may be a misrepresentation under section 2(1) of the Misrepresentation Act 1967 where a statement is made carelessly or without reasonable grounds for believing its truth.

3. Innocent misrepresentation: a representation that is neither fraudulent nor negligent.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I was looking at this report last night from carwow.co.uk on the QQ J11B and there was a comment that jumped out, see below might be of interest - Dave :)

99E5A76C-CA6F-44CB-8CEC-C1D805DE1671.jpeg

Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:38 pm German to English simple Translation of the 3 comments :

I drive a Nissan X-Trail Facelift and I can although connect my iPhone 6 with the car via Bluetooth but when I want to use Siri unfortunately I cannot...........

Hello I have the same problem with a Nissan QQ2018 Facelift

I now have a Software Update and it works. Maybe you should ask your Salesman. (13.02.2018)
Dave,
Can you ask a question on that forum, or give us a link on where it is? Ask the person who has had the upgraded software what the version is. Might provide some more information to quiz Nissan customer services.
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)