Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

And further to the fault, as you can see in the video, the system seems to think my Bluetooth is not connected. I’ve been sitting in car for about 10mins with engine running.
It happens no matter what app option you push but as you see, click back to connect Bluetooth and it is infact connected.
The quality of the electronics match the quality if Nissan’s customer care!
https://youtu.be/PI1L2aRIgvA

Gel

Post by Gel »

Ignore the apps; have you tried to connect directly via pressing the AUX button until BLUETOOTH screen appears. :?:
Have you deleted existed pairing and tried making new, with your phone set to discovery mode. :?:
Also try connecting to a friend's Bluetooth phone; if that functions, problem is with your phone.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Gel- Have done all this, have used 5 difference phones, same issues all the time.
Yeap the apps are crap, but hey I paid for them, so I wonder why they fault, yet another of them Nissan things they sell you, take your money then find an excuse as to why they don’t work.
tophat57
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tophat57 »

Finally got round to asking my dealer about this the other day. His answer was categorically that "qashqai (all models not just the j11b) has NEVER had voice activation or hands free dialing. I've done all the sales courses on it qashqai, and it's never been mentioned. The only vehicle with that feature is the new leaf". It seems that the leaf has the same stearing wheel, so why not the same features. Pressing my button does activate the head unit, so its obviously wired in, but there is no code in the software to operate it.

Also, when i explained it was mentioned in the manual, his response was "I'll have to dig one out and have a look". They are a serious and large dealership in the West Midlands not just a guy with a porta-cabin, so this is quite concerning really.
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

I agree that I am aware there is ‘no’ voice activation but there ‘is’ handsfree, as Nissan advertised as so, and the dealership sell it in their sales pitch and the manual tells you so.

I took the liberty to contact a load of dealers online in australia, I asked them all the same thing.
I’m looking to buy the new qashqai, can you tell me does it have handsfree, and does this let me make and receive calls and is this done by the steering wheel, I have at least 5 response so far from different dealers all making very clear that, yes it has handsfree, yes you can make and receive calls and yes this can be done by the buttons on the steering wheel. I’m sure my solicitor (once I book a date) will find this very pleasing as it self explains the BS I was told, to sell me a car that was in fact either faulty or without a working feature. I don’t know what one it is faulty of missing feature but I do know, I paid for these features and 4 months later I have not got these features and I have not been given any remedy to resolve this issue.
I have 3yrs warranty yet not once have Nissan made effort to resolve this matter.
The dealership now telling me ‘I don’t think we can help you’
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

Unfortunately I had to cancel my investigation appointment. I need to rebook. This is a tricky as my j10 had this function. Now the j11 doesn’t. Hand book definitely states it as a function.

I agree this is a step backwards and wonder if the auto mags would pick this up...
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.
Hawkeye101

Post by Hawkeye101 »

Hi Guys,

Not an ideal solution but for an iPhone
Use a Bluetooth remote Siri button?
Any one tried this

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hawkeye 101, this looks a nice (hopefully temporary) find for QQ J11b Owners if it works for them. Have you actually purchased or tried this device ?, It is on Amazon UK but out of stock but here is the writeup, perhaps some of our Electronics Wizards could comment on this although it does not get rid of the lack of it being a Nissan Std Installation „Hands Free“ - Dave :)

There is this comment Quote : „If you DON’T have an in-car hands-free system, then this Mobile Home is not right for you“.
Over to the Electronics Members !

24D0453B-243E-4AD8-B50C-75528753A9C4.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hawkeye101

Post by Hawkeye101 »

Hello All,

I bought a cheaper version and it seems to work okay although I have only tried if a few times.

Kind Regards

Chris
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sue, it looks like you will have to keep your eyes open if this system is to be implemented in AU - Dave :D
https://dailym.ai/2JQOEKe

Any news on your “Hands Free” Problem, I have again spoken with NCS this time a Customer Quality person after sending all the Forum Facts and emails back and forth. In the end she got so angry with regard to my “Hands Free” question she actually slammed the phone down - end of story :oops:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken