Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
garythesnail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by garythesnail »

Gel wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:21 pm Not on mine unfortunately; scrolling via steering wheel I get just get the next available Radio Station found, not my
1 - 12 favourites.
I only use the DAB band incidentally.
Just noticed your car is the J11A from your signature, sorry, thought yours was a J11B. I do recall my J11A also scanning rather than going to the next preset when using the previous/next buttons.
Sorry.
Still, whilst you cant change the presets from your wheel, at least you can make calls (trying to find a positive!) ... Lets swap steering wheels as I will forgo the preset selector for a voice command anyday!
<To use the younger person speak of my children, GaryTheSnail has just triggered himself>
Previous Qashqai's ... all 1.5Dci:
J10 N-tec+ QQ+2 (UK 61 plate)
J11A N-tec+ (UK 64 plate)
Current car - J11B N-connecta (UK 67 plate)

Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

The insanity just gets worse with Nissan.
Lies lies lies.
Whatever it takes for them to sell a car to you they do, and only when you realise it doesn’t work does their story change.
See that’s illegal and I plan to make myself heard as although they are doing a fine job of destroying my soul they will not silence me.
I have wanting nothing other than what I paid for, they have failed to give me that.
It’s near 6 months
They have failed to fix my car, they have failed to replace my car and have failed to refund my purchase.
It is my legal right for a refund, I want a refund.
I have zero trust in Nissan now and no replace would put my nerves at rest or being back any kind of trust.
I have been blamed for the faulty apps on the screen, it is my phone my cable, then it was my partners phone, yet the moment they try their phone they do not say oh it’s their phone.

So my latest “investigation” note says
As you will read.
But also the manual still stands to tell me how to use my handsfree
And what the salesman told me on how to use it is still very clear to me.
And it’s still advertised as having handsfree.

While iPhone was connected to Bluetooth last week, a call came through, no ring through speakers.
Screen said incoming call, answer or reject. I used the button on steering wheel. Well.... it did not answer the call twice!!!

EE7B6D47-0BE2-4342-8913-D5C06C118BD7.jpeg

AA0E3FE0-8D55-40C3-8E79-1DDB0CD33E50.jpeg

2AD11952-301F-4D4F-BD02-0344D2F60AB6.jpeg

Wozza74

Post by Wozza74 »

Hi all, just read this topic with interest.

Having read numerous reviews and watched videos, was not made aware that voice controls had been removed. My last 3 cars have all had this feature so hardly new technology!

I've just started a 3 year lease and now feel I'm stuck as it's one of the main features I wanted.

Hoping Nissan have an about turn and re-enable.
Den123

Post by Den123 »

Can Nissan do software update so it works. Think someone should start a petition
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

no software update will fix it.
At least not that I have heard of or had happen
In Australia it’s sold with handsfree Bluetooth the moment you use it and tell them it doesn’t work their story changes to, it’s not applicable on this car!
Illegal
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I have a good mind to go into a dealership & pretend I'm very interested in purchasing a new QQ. I will ask for a demo of the bluetooth handsfree & then tell them to shove the car if it does not have this basic function : :twisted:

Maybe if we can get enough people doing this, then a message will be forced from the dealership to Nissan that they need to enable the bluetooth handsfree function?
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Daewar I did just that with a few dealers in my area.
And surprise surprise they all told me it had handsfree calling, how do I use that, describing to me how the buttons are used on the steering wheel. I said oh wow sounds easy enough can you show me. They stumble, can’t find keys to power it, then need cable then story begins to change, oh it doesn’t seem to work, let me ask my manager then of course they come back and say, ohhhh sorry it doesn’t work on this car but you can use the screen. Thanks mate I don’t think I’ll be buying it then.

Try this.......

Send a variety of Nissan dealers an online emails asking, can you tell me a bit the qashqai2 has it got handsfree and is that used by the buttons on the steering wheel. I can near guarantee that all of them or near too all will reply and tell you yes and then try to persuade you into the dealership. I have an impressive collection of emails saying this, yet... you all know that once’s you drive out the dealership somehow the handsfree devils swoop down from the skies and while your not looking they disable it and you don’t get it!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Sue, this subject of “Hands Free” seems now like a bottomless pit to me. The comments and negatives are being mentioned here or at Dealers, but it just seems that these are going into a Big Black Hole. I would have thought by now that at the very least an Employee of Nissan would have read these articles and given the facts back to the Higher Circles for an internal investigation or at the very least a Public Statement.
But again where are the Negative comments from the Motoring Press after their Test Drives, out here I have read nothing and if you try questioning J11B Owners most just do not know what you are talking about.
The Post that Gary wrote seems to have covered the points in Black & White and there is still nothing. Just as a comment again is it likely that this system is just not being used by most J11B QQ Owners and therefore there are no complaints. I have been looking at QQ Owners here and it appears that the most are Middle Aged or Oldies (like me :lol: ) that do not use, do not have mobiles or are just not interested in “Hands Free”.
I truely hope that this problem gets sorted as I still like the QQ, but if Nissan are selling cars without stated Technical Parts that is just not on. So what is the option going through the Legal Channels which takes time, costs and you end up being a total wreck. Sue I truly hope that you get this problem solved and you can finally get your peace and quite again - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I have just sent this tweet to Nissan. I have found companies very quick to reply on social media.

@Nissan Hi Nissan, I'm very interested in purchasing a New Qashqai, but I have seen the bluetooth hands free call has been disabled. This function is essential to me and I am unwilling to make my purchase until this is rectified. Do you have a date when I this will be enabled?
Gel

Post by Gel »

You need to copy to @NissanUK as is made here rather than Japan.

E mail UK MD too.

ceo.JPG

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D