Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Rob, here is all what I have if it helps „Motor-Talk.de“. I am not following this up as it appears it is connected with „FaceBook“ and we do not use this system - Dave :)

807F44C7-11E6-4C72-A24E-E90EA36003CB.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Got another email from NCS Germany with answers in German & English. After reading these I again phoned and made the comment that it appears that you have to park to use your phone. I attached the Forum Posts , Video etc and sent these back to see what comments come back - Dave :)

B6D63B22-D313-4C46-8C9E-EC0FC95D7B70.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:52 pm Got another email from NCS Germany with answers in German & English. After reading these I again phoned and made the comment that it appears that you have to park to use your phone. I attached the Forum Posts , Video etc and sent these back to see what comments come back - Dave :)

B6D63B22-D313-4C46-8C9E-EC0FC95D7B70.jpeg
So you can't press one button to make a verbal command when you're driving, but you can still check facebook on the connect system? Don't know whether to laugh or cry
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

That is very different than what the users manual tells us Dave.
The manual says the ‘voice’ button can make a call by pressing for 2 seconds, just like the previous model.

Yes isn’t that very odd rod, can’t push a button to make an outgoing call, (Safe) but can fiddle with the apps on the screen (unsafe)

to date I have been told of one local person with same problem (but on x-trail) that has had this fault fixed by pulling the dash out, they have since damaged the dash.
I am awaiting the head unit part to repair, it is now said to be on back order. The repair was to be carried out next week but this has now changed until part arrives.

Back order - maybe they have bulk ordered? Or they are buying time to find a fix?
In Australia there is talk about class action law suit as there is a growing list of owners who are effected.
andyneouk

Post by andyneouk »

I have just bought a 2018 Tekna in the Uk and this feature isnt working. ive called nissan customer care and the guy basically told me tough luck. He said many ppl have reported the issue and HQ have said it has been removed and wont come back. he even said that complaining would be pointless. his words!

poor customer service.
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

There has been several people affected by this. A guy in Germany had it on an xtrail, but a software update fixed it. The manual expressly says you can use you voice controlled equipment using that button. Mine is being looked at by the dealer on Monday. Ill let you know how I get on.
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.
andyneouk

Post by andyneouk »

Yeah please let me know how you get on. I've also raised it on twitter and via email but not one person has suggested it will be resolved. Hopefully an update will sort it for us. Does the x trail have the same connect unit?
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

Galriad we need to know what software update. Is there anyway we can find out.

I have heard a number of people getting software updates that fix this fault but I have also heard of one person having the dash pulled and something done behind to fix it too.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just to confirm the Nissan „Facelift“ X-Trail appears to have the same Unit. It is mentioned on this post from a German Lady called JessicaM (in German Language above) who claimed later it was corrected by a „Software“ Update. I have now spoken to NCS Germany 3 times and again sent a new email two weeks ago with all the facts and our posts - still awaiting an Answer !
Andy, IMHO the guy you spoke to in NCS needs his „A _ _e“ kicking treating Customers that way, OK there is a problem that needs solving but in the correct way and again they have your money - Dave :)
PS as I have mentioned before not „ALL“ Owners use or even know of this „Hands Free“ System and therefore this problem is not always reported back.
andyneouk

Post by andyneouk »

Hi dave. Yeah I agree, I was shocked at the guys attitude. On my last qq I had an issue and nissan support were excellent so didn't expect him to basically tell me to go away. Like you say, I don't think the majority of owners use this feature and even if then intended to I don't think they would pursue it if it didn't work. I really hope we can get a hold of the software and fix it ourselves.