Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Gel, are you saying that this is the Guy at Nissan UK to send your complaints to. Do you know if the email actually gets to him or is even answered. This would be interesting to put something together and see what effect it has - Thanks Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Dave imagine will generate response from the MD's team, who's e mail =NMGB-MDMail@nissan.co.uk.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, thanks I think I will put something together from this end and see what happens - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

Whoa, Dave, not sure of you bracketing if i’m old, or middle aged... lol. I’m 57 and used the function on my previous QQ. it was one of the most useful aspects of the car. When I bought this one I had assumed it would still be on the car. Button’s there, it’s in the handbook and someone posted that the functionality is mentioned in the virtual cockpit app. The uplift was to keep pace with cars like the Tiguan which has apple play. I am a bit p’sed about this as I often used to message people on the go and get Siri to read any messages. That’s if Siri didn’t have a brain f4rt and start dialling the person you least want to speak to. I think I may message the guy at Nissan and see what happens. It worked when I dropped the CEO of Curry’s a note after bad service. Will update when, or if, I hear anything.
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Would be useful if someone has a friend, who works in a dealership to ascertain exactly which cars in Nissan range have been emasculated.

And is whole range to suffer same fete in due course? :o

The Head of Communications may be another suitable target.

https://newsroom.nissan-europe.com/eu/e ... arketid=10
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

Sent.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Galraid, do not get me wrong this was not a knock at you and I use this system daily even though being an “Oldie” I was just trying to make the point that a lot do not even bother with the System, hence no feedback - Dave :D
Den123

Post by Den123 »

Do you think anything will be done to sort this problem
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

It appears not, for me the loss of the functionality is a side issue, the real issue is did Nissan wilfully mislead potential customers with their sales and user paperwork. If people had known the functionality had been removed they could have made a informed choice, depending on how important that functionality is to them.

The longer Nissan continue to say silent on this issue people may come to the conclusion that they were wilfully misled and Nissan have something to hide.

Most people can accept a mistake but do not like to be misled, just look at VW sales.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

Afternoon all. Just had an interesting conversation from the Director’s office at Nissan. Apparently, there were discussions about keeping, or removing this functionality as part of the facelift. It was decided to remove it from the “QQ”. Not sure what that means for other cars in the range. I asked about a note in this thread that said a German owner of an XTrail had his returned with a software update. His answer was that may have been a different issue. In short, they do not know when, or if, the functionality will be returned to the QQ. My wife’s juke has it, but he does not know what will happen to other models. I mentioned that this is probably one of the biggest subjects on the forum and it has upset enough potential buyers sufficiently to not purchase one. His retort was that was their decision to make. In short, don’t hold your breath. His suggestion, as others have been told, use the screen to make calls, but you can’t have messages read to you, or dictate messages using the screen. He understood that, but had no answers for its return. He did say that they will answer any, and all, correspondences. Including any from the motoring press. I for one will now see how interested they may be in talking to Nissan about this issue.

BTW Dave. I never took it that way...