Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
GlynO
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by GlynO »

FYI, got an email from Nissan CS.

"Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding your Nissan Qashqai.

With regards to the voice command feature of your Nissan Connect Infotainment System, at the moment we have disabled this feature and unfortunately do not have any further information as to when it will be reactivated."

Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

Glyno,

I am in Australia, this is the same sort of BS I am being told about my car however when I bought my car I was told, it has handsfree and I can make and receive phone calls by the button on the steering wheel just like the previous model. Hence one of the reasons I purchased.

The salesman chased his own tail trying to fix it for well over a month then his big bosses told him it’s been disabled, he then broke the news to me, sorry my booboo, I didn’t know it was disabled but you don’t get the feature now and we can’t fix it.

I contacted Nissan customer care via Facebook twitter and phone call, who I asked to stop advertising it as handsfree, still today they are adverting it as handsfree yet the moment you ask why is it not working they respond and say ‘this model doesn’t have handsfree bluetooth’

They have informed me that it’s only Australians who don’t get this features and don’t seem to believe me when I say there are others around the world suffering the same problem.

I’m not sure on your laws in the uk but it is illegal to sell someone something here by misleading and diceptive methods.
It’s also illegal to not give a customer what they paid for.
Here they must fix it, replace or or refund it. It’s almost 7mths since I bought my car and Nissan has done NONE of these and have no intentions to resolve the matter, yet they continue to mislead customers about the defective feature.
I have a few faults with my car but the biggest one is the defective handsfree feature.
so I am forced to take legal action....

Good luck with your journey, I will provide an update on my case once able to.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I've just downloaded the latest brochure ( dated 1/4/18 from https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/conte ... qai_UK.pdf) and interestingly there is little mention of mobile phones

Technology & Performance - page 2 admittedly relates:

With NissanConnect EVO, New QASHQAI becomes your smartphone’s
best friend. Featuring new, more intuitive graphics, you can access
your music, driving eco score, Facebook newsfeed and TripAdvisor
tips. The basic app package is free for the first three years and the
NissanConnect EVO system will also keep you in the loop with
Bluetooth hands-free calling, audio streaming, digital radio (DAB+)
and an iPod/USB input.

However move over to Technical Specifications - page 2 - and you only find this:

AUDIO AND NAVIGATION
• AM/FM/CD audio system with DAB
• Remote audio control
• Bluetooth® with audio streaming
• 5” High Definition full colour TFT
screen combimeter
• USB port
• AUX socket for MP3 players

There's no mention of "Hands Free" in there and no mention of telephonic use.

... and then on Further Information page 4 there's the usual get-out clause:

While all reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, due to Nissan’s policy of continuous product improvement, all particulars Contained [sic] are subject to constant revision and Nissan reserves the right to change, alter or modify, among other things, specifications, colours and prices of models without notice at any time. Accordingly you should consult your local Authorised Nissan Dealer for the exact introduction dates of all models and for the most up-to-date information.

... thus putting the onus of responsibility on the dealer.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, Thanks for posting that Brochure Attachment I tried this week to get something out here on the QQ ProPILOT but had no luck - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This is most likely not new for many but this just Highlights the problems of not having “Hands Free”. OK this is an article from NSW Australia but worth a look at - Dave ;)

https://dailym.ai/2uIE1UG
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Thanks Dave, this is the law I come under, we also have an anti distraction law in most states so if you are fumbling at the screen you can be charged as well.

some months back while again trying to fix one of the many faults on mine, one of the service staff had a chat with me, telling me they have had a lot of customers complaint on this matter and that they do not agree to what Nissan is doing, we discussed all the other cars from the cheapest to the most expensive, we also discussed the used cars in the yard, some being a few years old, one thing struck us both as rather ludicrous, ALL of these cars had one basics feature that the new QQ doesn’t have and that is ‘handsfree’ and... they all work!
The sad part is, if you make an enquiry today to ask if the car has handsfree and is it operational from the streering wheel, almost all dealerships will lie to you and say YES, anything to get your money.
Kiff99
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Kiff99 »

Hi Devilrex,

Have almost exactly the same situation that you have been experiencing with Nissan but with a Pathfinder. Do you have any update on your case, the last I saw you were going to get a solicitor?

Appreciate your tenacity in not letting this issue go.
Clarky94
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Clarky94 »

GlynO wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:03 pm FYI, got an email from Nissan CS.

"Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding your Nissan Qashqai.

With regards to the voice command feature of your Nissan Connect Infotainment System, at the moment we have disabled this feature and unfortunately do not have any further information as to when it will be reactivated."
interesting statement - we have deactivated it and no information when it will be activated - that means if we have someone out there there thats smart they could hack the system and reactivate it ....
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights
Blas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Blas »

Hi.

Just bought 2018 qashqai and noticed this same problem.
Last post on this case has been writed almost 6month ago.

Any new news about that broblem ? Any updates are coming available what maybe activated voice controll ?