Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
GlynO
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by GlynO »

Hi, brand new to the forum, but I've hit the same issue (obviously I suppose). Had my QQ a week. Love the car, but this is a problem as I travel a lot and need to use the mobile. The method of using the central panel etc is beyond dangerous.

It may have been mentioned before, but the glossy QQ brochure on the Nissan UK website has a as major feature 'Bluetooth hands-free dialling'.

I was onto Nissan today (before actually seeing the brochure) and the attitude was similar as already reported - not on this model and in effect we don't care what the user manual states.

The point is, it's being advertised as a feature, TODAY. ...which isn't a feature. Sorry if this has already been raised...

Glyn
Link from the Nissan UK website.
https://www.nissan-cdn.net/content/dam/ ... qai_UK.pdf

GlynO

Post by GlynO »

P.S. have there been complaints lodged with Nissan UK?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

GlynO wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:58 pm P.S. have there been complaints lodged with Nissan UK?
Numerous.
Technically speaking it is still hands free as you don’t have to touch your phone which is the illegal bit. Touching your Connect screen isn’t yet illegal even if it is downright dangerous.
GlynO

Post by GlynO »

That is truly crazy. As you say, it's dangerous - probably more so than picking up the phone and using it. The amount of fiddling around to get the number you want is mad. I may be wrong, but I couldn't see a favourites list?? (please correct me if I'm wrong).....so I have to scroll through the 'last dialed' list to have a shorter way of getting to my favourites (if I phoned them recently).

I'm interested in the definition of 'hands free' too. Plenty of touching a screen with my hands!...but appreciate the distinction.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

GlynO, firstly welcome to the Forum. Have you actually read the 21 pages of this Post as I believe (could be wrong though) that the answer to your question is there. Take a cold beer and take a read - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

GlynO, I dumped this a few days ago but found it again take a read - Dave :D

5CA132CF-2A72-4BD6-9F57-CBD98F73D507.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
GlynO

Post by GlynO »

Hi soiry I didn't read all 20 pages, but did see that definition.. It effectively includes anything that isn't the phone. I've seen others that are more limited and imply no hands should be used (mobile or otherwise)
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

GlynO wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:02 pm Hi soiry I didn't read all 20 pages, but did see that definition.. It effectively includes anything that isn't the phone. I've seen others that are more limited and imply no hands should be used (mobile or otherwise)
If you read through the pages you will find potential answers on how to use voice activation, but all of them are dependant in the phone hearing your first command.
I have spoken to Nissan. Don’t waste your breath.
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.
Gregvaldos

Post by Gregvaldos »

In lot of states in Australia you can get fined for being distracted driving. I asked the highway patrol about this one. If you are using the radio screen to make a call and the police see you are distracted you are given a big fine. There is no safe way to make call from car, the Siri don’t work and google don’t work I also got some apps to try and not work it has caused a very big problem for me. here is one link here and hope you can see it.
https://www.rsc.wa.gov.au/Your-Safety/S ... stractions
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Anyone with the latest Nissan QQ brochure with the contentious feature listed,
could then raise a complaint with the UK's ASA. ;)

https://www.asa.org.uk/about-asa-and-ca ... cover.html
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D