Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Geoffrey, it looks like you have hit a Brickwall with your problem. If you Dealer has stated that you have read it in an „International“ Manual why is it that in the UK new Owners of the J11B have the same problem. Could this be a detail that Nissan have actually left out of the build and forgotten to revise the written Specs and Manuals. It appears that you need to go Higher than the Dealer perhaps contacting the NCS Group by telephone and in writing. But I have had a question on the J11B sitting in NCS Germany for months with no answer, but they could be worth a try. Would it be worth following up the problem with for example an Australian Motoring Assoc. , Trading Standards or the like.

Perhaps a member in the UK is already chasing this point which could be of interest - Dave ;)

2A3264C2-CB7C-419C-98D2-E7300881E14D.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Try a Tweet on subject to Nissan Oz ;)
https://twitter.com/Nissan_Aus
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Bloody frustrating. I'd take it back to the dealer and TELL them to demonstrate on yours or a demo vehicle of the same model exactly how to make it work. If they can't then good old consumer law is on your side. Not fit for purpose. If the specs show that the car has that feature then it should indeed work as advertised. For my part I have to say that its not truly hands free in terms of dialling - unless you can tell it via Google to do so but the button on the steering wheel does allow me to answer/end calls. If I long press the answer button and data is on then the Google Assistant comes up on screen or audibly and I then ask it to call whoever. If the contact has more than one number it gives you choice as long as each number is titled ie: work etc. Of course if its a funny name then it struggles. Note that this process does not always work. Probably 50% of the time. I find that the purer the Android phone the more likely it is that it'll work.
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Showed the dealership the problem.
They have 2 qq in the showroom
One exact same as mine series 2 and one a few months prior plate series 1

We hooked up his model to series one and bingo it worked without 2 seconds of pushing the voice button to connect to handsfree bluetooth, he was able to hey google / hey Siri or whatever

We moved to exact same as mine and did exact same but of course nothing, dead button, not working, no handsfree option at all.
He was left wondering what’s going on. Told me he will get it sorted out.
Few days later and I have heard nothing so have again had to call them for answers, waiting for call back again.

Driving along today had to stop a few times to make a phone call as other option is to click my screen 15 times or more to get to the number I need, um handsfree? I don’t think so!
Dangerous, sure as hell is!

Pushing the button does not connect to handsfree and does not permit me to interest with my mobile such as saying hey google make a call.
I can do this is a tone of other cars and many of them are base models.
I purchased the top of the line for 2017 at the moment and I still can’t handsfree and still have no resolution for the fault.
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

I was told that this handsfree option « accidentally » worked on previous models but was planned to by taken out. This should be why it works on all J11 but no longer on most J11b’s I guess.

Not sure why the would make this consideration as it seems contradictory with the needs and standards.

With your phone in reach you could eventually use the iPhone’s handsfree option by just saying « Hey, Siri’. Not ideal Ofcourse...
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Have to say that's a very poor show. I've seen Kias, Seats, and others implementing the hands free functionality with nary a problem. Not sure what the deal is with Nissan not doing the same especially when it's one of the selling points. I think the Peugeot 3008 does it well too
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

New update on this topic from the Dutch forum; after confronting the dealer with the problem, Nissan Holland or Nissan Europe claims that this issue should be solved in a next software update. True or false...?
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

And when is this new software update???
I WILL not be waiting until they are good and ready to update, my problem exists now, I want it fixed now.
I have owned my brand new car for one month and have yet to experience normal handsfree bluetooth feature as well as the Nissan connect softwqre that fails to connect as a member.

Imagine buying a bag of chips claiming to have nice flavourable chips inside, only to pay the price to get nothing but the bag filled with air and no flavorable chips.
Feeling robbed and cheated
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

I totally agree. Stand your ground. As for Nissan Connect software. I apparently had had mine registered for Mr from the factory. Had to contact CS and wait for them to deregister and then go via You+ to set up the account. Need to connect ie open app ensuring data, Bluetooth are on first; then turn vehicle on. Et voilà! You can then use the inboard apps and search for destinations using Google. Oh and any Google send to car maps/destinations should work too.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Under UK law you could reject the car if it goes wrong within the first 30 days of ownership, you can simply reject it out of hand for a full refund. If a fault develops after those 30 days (within the first six months), the dealer gets one chance to fix it.

I don't know if such a law exists in Australia but if it does you may be able to provoke some action\a promise of a fix in writing, from Nissan, simply by informing them you are considering such an action.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.