Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

Will have to have play. The ‘hey siri’ Only works if the phone is connected to a power supply. That is an iPhone setting. You’ve either got a very good phone , or speak very load. 😁😁😁
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.

Den123
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Den123 »

Think this thread should be closed as Nissan won’t do anything about this issue This thread will go on on on on on have contacted watch dog about this issue
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Galriad wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:07 pm Will have to have play. The ‘hey siri’ Only works if the phone is connected to a power supply. That is an iPhone setting. You’ve either got a very good phone , or speak very load. 😁😁😁
Away from the car the ‘Hey Siri’ works on battery power alone unless in low power mode on iPhone 6s and above then it will work whilst being charged.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Just a thought - has anyone with the newer model tried the hidden secret menu you get when you press setup and turn the dial clockwise/anticlockwise/clockwise.

Things such as hands free configuration tend to be turned on/off from there so they can tweak it for different countries.

On the J11A it's just the destination input while driving and screenshot to USB you can configure...

Capture.PNG

But you never know, may just find the hands free button is turned off in there?
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
garythesnail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by garythesnail »

chrisw99 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:27 am Just a thought - has anyone with the newer model tried the hidden secret menu you get when you press setup and turn the dial clockwise/anticlockwise/clockwise.

Things such as hands free configuration tend to be turned on/off from there so they can tweak it for different countries.

On the J11A it's just the destination input while driving and screenshot to USB you can configure...

Capture.PNG

But you never know, may just find the hands free button is turned off in there?
Hello Chrisw99,
Already tried this and messed around and there are no options related to the steering wheel button on mine.
Thanks though.
Previous Qashqai's ... all 1.5Dci:
J10 N-tec+ QQ+2 (UK 61 plate)
J11A N-tec+ (UK 64 plate)
Current car - J11B N-connecta (UK 67 plate)
Galriad

Post by Galriad »

rod9669 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:44 pm In the UK you can alsso report it to VOSA - the more people that do, the better

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and- ... ety-defect
Had a conversation with a representative from VOSA after this comment. They won’t progress it as a safety fault. If you are interested the case number is 28631.
Second QQ J11b 1.5 Tekna in Magnetic Red.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

That's because it's not a safety issue - since it's better not to be using the phone in the first place - but if you do it's OK unless you are actually holding the phone:

https://sussex.police.uk/ask-the-police ... t-driving/

There is a substantial body of research showing that using a mobile phone whilst driving, even legally via hands-free, is a considerable distraction and greatly increases the risk of a driver being involved in an accident. This is because of the mental distraction and the driver having to divided their attention between taking part in a phone conversation and driving. Therefore, we would suggest that you don't use a mobile phone/device, even hands-free, whilst driving.

The use of a hand-held phone or a similar hand-held device while driving is against the law. A hand-held device is something that is or must be held at some point during the course of making or receiving a call or performing any other interactive communication function. Provided that a phone can be operated without holding it, then hands-free equipment is not prohibited by this legislation. Therefore, the use of a phone as a sat nav is lawful providing you don't have to hold it.

Pushing buttons/touching a phone while it's in a cradle or on the steering wheel or handlebars of a motorbike for example is not covered by the above offence, provided you don't hold the phone. Therefore, in our opinion, if the device can allow for hands-free calls, such as when using Apple's Siri voice command system or using a car's compatible systems, it would be legal but inadvisable to use whilst driving. However, we would emphasise that ultimately this would be a matter for a court to decide.

So there's no reason why Nissan should implement a steering wheel control, hence not a matter for VOSA.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Gloucester, there is 2 methods to make a call
Of course one doesn’t work (for whatever Reason Nissan claims this week) but let’s pretend for a moment it works.

The first method, push button on steering wheel and say call x takes possibly 5 seconds eyes in road the entire time.
The second is, use the centre screen, move slightly sideways to centre of car (at least I need too, 5ft4) begins to fiddle with screen (and keep in mind there is lag time in the screen), takes approx 30 to 45 seconds to make a call, all while eyes off the road.
It is also very difficult for someone to do who requires Redding glasses as the text in the screen is somewhat blurry.

Out of both methods, I would consider the fact that the handsfree via the steering wheel Not working is dangerous, considering the alternate method to make a call.

I could not care less any longer if Nissan is going to fix this fault or not but I do care that I was lied to about the features on this car, features that are very important to me at this point in my life and features I need, one of the top 3 reasons I bought this car.

What is terribly sad is, they have acted illegally in selling this car, and that is clearly now but worst I’d is, many dealers are STILL giving the same story to customers to get a sale, telling them, this car has handsfree and is fully operational by the steering wheel buttons.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Since it's SO critical to you stop complaining on here and appoint a solicitor to sue for damages!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
paplane

Post by paplane »

gloucester wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 am Since it's SO critical to you stop complaining on here and appoint a solicitor to sue for damages!
Was just thinking the exact same thing as I was reading down.

If I felt that someone had sold me an item for £20k+ that had an integral feature that was critical to my life, and as such I wouldn't have purchased the item had that feature not been integral, then paying a solicitor a few hundred pounds to resolve the matter would be money well spent.

I believe in the UK, the solicitor would be advising legal action against the dealer, as that's where the contract is, between retailer and purchaser. The solicitor would effectively put the dealer on notice that unless the matter is resolved to the purchaser's satisfaction, then legal action will follow. It's usually enough for any issue to be escalated to someone who is able to make a decision in these matters. Presumably in this case, as Nissan don't seem able to offer the function, the only course of action is a return of the car and refund made.