Start Stop System

ICE, Equipment, Options
Andrew Pizzuto
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Andrew Pizzuto »

Hi, i have a 2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna model which i am very happy with. This year after 2 years usage and just some 26,000KM on the clock i have been encountering issues with the warning sign 'Stop Start Auto System'. Now i am informed that that the Relay's have gone and need to be ordered. Besides this the battery went flat and i had to jump start it as i was told it was best not to kick start this model down a hill on second gear. Has anybody encountered the above? Under the 5 year parts Warranty am i covered for the Relays and change of Battery?

Gel

Post by Gel »

What 5 year warranty?; in UK certainly it's 3, so you're still covered. The condition stated is normally indicating a low charge on the battery, so a new battery should have fixed. I have the fault showing currently, as there are not enough long runs to fully charge battery with the heavy usage it gets this time of year.

If I can be bothered to connect up battery charger, afterwards the "Fault" message is gone. ;)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Andrew, I am not really sure that you are covered for the Relays under Guarantee, but the Battery Problem on the QQ is known by Nissan so I would assume that the Nissan Dealer would honor this by a replacement one.
If this helps it does needs reading though, here is the Nissan UK After Sales Guarantee FYI - Dave :)

http://assets.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/C ... ndbook.pdf

Gel, could this „5 Year“ Guarantee be one of the Guarantee Extensions offered by Nissan :

D0B4EF21-4EB4-4E86-A20B-0EF5DC282957.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Huntsmania

Post by Huntsmania »

I have a 3 year old Qq and my warranty run out in October 2017 - 3 days ago I started getting the stop start fault code and then today my car would not start . After doing some research and finding posts on here I rung the dealer where i brought the car from - he told me to bring in the car and he would speak to Nissan to sort this out for me - they clearly know there is an issue with the battery and sensors as they changed both for me free of charge ! Very good customer service I feel although you could argue that it shouldn’t happen on a 3 year old car that’s only done 24k miles !

Post by 298 »

Did they tell you that you weren't driving it enough (without any consideration of how it is driven)...? I'm surprised they didn't cotton onto that and tell you your brakes were rusty and needed changing.

Saying it shouldn't happen on a three year old car is one thing, but it shouldn't have happened on 12 month old cars either and the faulty Varta batteries should have been recalled instead of being allowed to fail on customers.
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.