Built in windscreen camera.

ICE, Equipment, Options
tophat57
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tophat57 »

Quick question to see if anyone knows the answer. Just walked back to my car (a facelift J11b n-connecta) and noticed a section of the black shading around the rear view mirror is missing on the inside of the windscreen. A closer look reveals that there is a camera installed there. What is the purpose of this camera? The parking camera is under the badge and above the number plate, but what is this one for. Is it, or can it be used, as a dashcam? Or is this something else.

Sorry if this is a bonehead question, or its been covered before, but I can't seem to find any information about it. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all.
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........

switchback

Post by switchback »

Probably for the traffic sign recognition but I think it might do other things as well..................
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tophat57, take a look at these two attachments although the Nissan GB one is for the J11A but most likely the same. The other is just an overview of LDW - hope this helps Dave ;)

https://newsroom.nissan-europe.com/uk/e ... ighlights1

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNO ... W/ldw.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
tophat57

Post by tophat57 »

Thanks both. Makes sense now. Appreciate your help.
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........