Heated Seat Trouble

ICE, Equipment, Options
Alex Smith
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Alex Smith »

Hi all,

New user here. I did check prior to posting to see if my query had already been answered but I coult not see a specific answer. Apologies if I am doubling up a thread.

I have 14 plate Tekna which we bought second had from a dealer. We also bought the aftermarket " Momentum" warranty which does cover electronics apparently, however reading into it, it appears to be a hassle to go through them to get something sorted. Therefore I just wanted to check if anyone was aware of a quick fix before I get them involved.

The heated seats. Drivers one appears to work but takes a good 25 mins to get even slightly warm. Could even just be the heat form my own backside! However I sat in the passenger seat recently and that heated seat was red hot on high and was up to temperature in minutes. Does anyone know if there is a quick fix for this? I was wondering if it could have possibly been a fuse, but on the fuse box diagram posted by others, there appears to be only one fuse for the heated seats, therefore I imagine it does both of them. but one works, so I imagine the problem is more intricate?

Thanks for you help.

Alex

switchback

Post by switchback »

Check for any loose connections under the seat. There's probably a connector block somewhere there, pull it apart and reconnect it. Only a guess but worth a try.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
carlgoss
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by carlgoss »

I get the impression that heated seats are 'an issue' in 14/15 QQ models. I've just had the bottom drivers pad replaced under warranty, and it was treated as 'oh another one gone'. I'm also told its unusual for both the back and bottom mats to go at the same time although if one is faulty it can affect the other.
15 plate DCI 110 1.5 Diesel Tekna Nightshade