Sound System - Poor Speakers

ICE, Equipment, Options
Wadsy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Wadsy »

Hi everyone.

I just bought a Nissan Qashqai Ti 2017 - registered this year however. The car is really awesome by every means but unfortunately the sound system has been a huge disappointment to me. I love listening to music, mainly CD's bought from Amazon and I just cannot get the settings right to adjust my preferences as compared to my previous car. My issue I believe is with the treble and balance, it feels like it's missing something and sounds like a bad bunch of ear muffs. I've tried lowering the treble in the audio settings, allocating more sound to the rear speakers since the two tweeters in the dashboard just doesn't sound great for me. Overall, despite doing all of that, nothing works and I get a headache and sore ears as soon as I start listening and cannot enjoy it at all. I took it back to Nissan recently and had my salesperson listen to it and he said it's fine, but I am not convinced whatsoever. I know when I am hearing bad sound and that folks is unacceptable on so many levels. I just feel very sad, like the bass is fine but the pitch is too high and just sounds off for me, and if I lower the treble too much then the songs don't sound good at all. Please advise, anyone?

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Wadsy, just a simple question it looks like you have the new J11B model but you mention it is a Ti, which I thought was only available for J11A models or is the Ti Spec within the ST / ST-L / N-Tec Range which states it has 6 Speakers.
On the new J11B (European) QQ Tekna / Tekna + both have a Bose Sound System with 8 Speakers as Std.
There was a Nissan Speaker Kit available to improve sound quality in the J11A. Take a look at the attachment or enter „Speakers“ for example in the „Search“ Area as there have been previous posts on this subject - hope this is of help Dave ;)
I am assuming you are in Au hope I have not screwed up :lol:

viewtopic.php?t=4297
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Wadsy

Post by Wadsy »

Sorry, I am based in New Zealand. When I signed up for this site I wasn't sure which one to pick as my model. Mine has 6 speakers.
jacjak

Post by jacjak »

Sorry DaveBerkin but not all J11b European models has the Bose system with 8 speakers,
I've got the Tekna 2018 with 6 speakers and as Wadsy says,,, awful sound from a old 60 - 70's radiodisc
2017 J11B 1.2L DIG-T Tekna Gun Metal
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jacjak, that is exactly what I said only the Tekna & Tekna + have the Bose 8 Speaker System in the J11B. It appears the Visia / Acenta / N- Connecta do not - Dave ;)
Wadsy, where are you based all of our offspring are in the Auckland Area.

1D68A8CD-4790-41FE-A2BE-B05781626F3A.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jacjak

Post by jacjak »

You say Tekna J11B has the Bose 8 speaker system, I say my Tekna J11B has only the regular 6 speakets.
So we both are talking about the same model but with different sound systems. I think it is a question which country imports the car and what the importer demands
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jacjak, I think you are correct as I have just checked the German Specs (again the Country Spec arises) and it states that the Bose is „Optional“ for the Tekna but Std. on the Tekna +. It does look like that before purchasing the Specs really need looking into and possibly a check list made to question the Dealer - Dave :shock:

40572864-52A9-4218-AEB0-008330EE5944.jpeg

jacjak

Post by jacjak »

Lol, sometimes I am right even if my wife does not agree 😁😁
Wadsy

Post by Wadsy »

I am based in Auckland. Yeah guys, I noticed the inferior sound the moment I first jumped into it. No matter what settings I put it on, it sounds poor, too high pitched for my liking and if something massive is missing with the sound or treble. I think I’ll need new speakers because these are so bad they’re not even listenable. Majorly disappointed. Just because it has six speakers doesn’t make it good, as I felt cheated.

It sounds awful on every format, whether CD, Radio or Bluetooth.
Last edited by Wadsy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wadsy

Post by Wadsy »

Even when I toggle all the settings, it sounds too high. I really don’t know what you call it as I’m no sound tech expert. The exact model is jIITi01 Qashqai Ti. Not to confuse UK vs NZ, we have four models here. The basic ST, the STL, the Ti (my one) and the TS which is the highest model, and it is made in 2017 but registered for this year. As a previous poster pointed out, I have 6 speakers which apparently is not a bose system - and I have read the specs of all the models which I have attached. What is the difference between a system that doesn't have a BOSE and one that does?
NIS4257_Qashqai_Speclist_web.pdf
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 184 times