NO HANDS FREE IN NEW QASHI WHAT THE

ICE, Equipment, Options
Gregvaldos
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Gregvaldos »

Just for the latest qashi ntec2 and trying to setup my mobile for hands free, the activation button on the wheel is malfunctioning. I make many calls in my car every day and now cant make any on hands free. What the f is going on.
I have nisson connect apps window to use facebook but it dont work either my kids want to use it and why I get it to. Im liveing melbourne new developed area 5 years ago navigation dont find my streets the shops and my home. looking in this data version and maps is 7 years old out of date. this cant be right. I am gob smacked fell like I got a lemon car or might been tricked with lies about the car to take my money. Why will i buy this car if I know it is only faulty and standard car features dont work. any body got any help for me please because I done every thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi and welcome. This has been discussed and commented on by members with the new J11B QQ. It seems to state everywhere “Hands Off” but it does not function like on the older J11A QQ. It would appear you need to consult your Dealer or NCS on this as it seems to be a major miss or not legal.
Take a look at this post on the same subject or use the “Search” area - Dave :)

https://qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=10
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

Hi there,

I am in the exact same situation with these faults and I can assure you to date that Nissan customer care have not helped in any way at all, in fact I have called them twice and been spoken to as if I was a worthless person.
I have also posted on twitter via suggestion of another member. Customer care said call them again so I did.
On that call I was told my car doesn’t have bluetooth or handsfree, and whooops sorry your manually is not true as it’s an international one (mind you there is no Australia manual)
The next day I was told my car does have bluetooth handsfree now but you can push the button and use your voice with your phone. I asked them, what was the trick, to use my nose maybe?
It it’s handsfree but not voice active with your phone to say ‘call x’ then one would assume you need to use another anatomy of your body as it’s illegal to touch your phone while driving.
I didn’t make the car I didn’t print the manual I didn’t advertise the car with bluetooth hands free and these amazing apps and the wonderful camera and the maps and so on, THEY DID, I just seen what it had and wanted it and purchased it, I was sucked in

5 weeks later my apps still don’t function!

I paid a little over 40k for this car, I could had bought a lesser model for around 36k, but I didn’t, I went the whole hog with all the options and features.
In all reality would you think I would pay the extra few thousands for less features?

I feel totally deflated and depressed, I feel like a fool. Nissan has been contacted so many times and have still made no attempt to even look at the car but they have made every attempt to make me feel like a crazy person expecting my features to work when they tell me I don’t have them features.
I screwed up, I should had bought a different type of car

on productreview a few people with X-trail having the same problem.
My dealership (who are trying to get to the bottom of this) have also had another customer just come in with the same fault.
A friend who purchased an x-trail has the same fault.

Good luck I mean seriously good luck!
As draining as this is for me, I feel my next step is seeking the help of consumer affairs to force them to give me what I paid for
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Devilrex, sorry to hear of your still existing problems with the “Hands Off” System. In your information it states J11 (2013-2017) Model is it the older model you have or the new one J11B. The reason I ask is that we have a 14 Tekna and all these functions work with Siri and Voice - “HandsFree”. It could well be again one of these so called “Country Specs” where stuff is left out we have this with our German QQ compared with the U.K. Specs.
A couple of weeks back I had an open question (2months Old) with NCS (Germany) and had two NCS numbers on the same subject. I telephoned and asked to speak to a Technical Mgr or Div.Mgr. (raised voice) and was eventually then passed to the “Back Office” (seemed to be Technical) because I got a verbal answer which satisfied me. Might be worth a try !
I am also interested in a J11B but not until these sort of problems are solved. I was at our Dealer yesterday and have some new information which I will post soon if it makes sense - Best of Luck Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Hi Dave,

Mine is the N-tec series 2 plated dec 2017 I’m told it arrives earlier in Australia.

I was looking at the series in and was going to buy that until the sales man told me that this one had front collision sensors and so on (I get why now as If I am forced to illegally use my phone the car can at least try and stop an accident)
So as the series 2 had all the features of series 1 and more I went for that one.

It has the handsfree options on the steering wheel the manual tells you how to use it.
You push the button and sometimes on the middle screen it will say my mobile phone brand “samsung’ and my carrier but it won’t beep as states in manual and so forth.

If Nissan has decided to turn these features off for us Aussie then I suggest they either, turn it back on, or I’ll give them back the car and they give back my money as they have tricked me into buying something that falls far from the features it states it has.

I am totally blown away by the so called ‘customer care’ who couldn’t give a hoot about the problem.
Not once have they said, on that doesn’t sound right bring it in and we shall take a look, but each time then have said things like, I don’t know why your reading the manual a it’s n international one.
I also suggested they quickly edit their online notes saying it has handsfree as all of Australia can see that, I explained they could go ahead and do that now as I have snipped their fraudulent sales tactics.
I asked what the pretty button was for on the steering wheel that’s supposed to connect me to my phone, they could not give me an answer, I asked if they could at least had put a pretty picture on it!

Now days, I don’t think you can even buy a modern car that doesn’t have bluetooth handsfree?
In Aus our base price cars start around 12 thousand, I paid around 42 thousand. You would think it would come with the basics it states it comes with.
I shall be speaking with Nissan soon as I will not be silenced until I get what I paid for!

Please do keep us updated from your finding Dave as all very interesting, will do the same from this end
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lets see if this makes any sense. I asked a few questions yesterday regarding the problem of the new J11B QQ “Hands Off” Phoning System. It does appear that there is a problem that has to be solved by Nissan but when and how is a good question - Dave ;)

The comments were that the New Shaped Steering Wheel appears to be the new Nissan Std Norm Item on all models with the same Button Layout, but the “Hands Free” Telephoning is not working. The explanation given was that on the Micra Acenta model for example there is no N-Connect Navi System available but there is an “Air Play” System and telephoning does work through this but on the QQ there is no “AirPlay” facility.
2017 Nissan Micra - Apple CarPlay Technology. Take a close look at the start of the video !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbv-XX7qOnM&sns=em

18tdieurhd-micrahelios-408_jpg_ximg_l_8_m_smart.jpg

All models above the Micra Acenta that have the N-Connect System (Navi ) the “Hands Free” phoning does also not work.

18tdieurhd-micrahelios-410_jpg_ximg_l_8_m_smart.jpg

Micra Steering Wheel :

micra_red_507.jpg

QQ Steering Wheel :

new-qq-steering-wheels_png_ximg_l_full_m_smart.png

This is a comment found on a Website on the New Micra (see attachment) :
“You can either listen to the car’s built-in DAB radio, CD player or USB port, or you can pair your phone via Bluetooth. Apple CarPlay is available on the mid-range Acenta trim Micra, but go any higher to the N-Connecta or Tekna upgrade, and you’ll end up with a NissanConnect system, which comes complete with the company’s own live-traffic apps and services. Weirdly, NissanConnect doesn’t support Apple CarPlay, so you lose out if you opt for a higher end Micra. What’s more, none of the new Micra models currently support Android Auto.
When I asked Nissan about this, I was first told that it may be added to 2017 cars as a software update, but it then became evident that won’t be possible. It seems as though the current chipset in the 2017 Micra’s head unit isn’t compatible with Android Auto, so we’ll only see Google’s mobile OS appear in a mid-cycle model refresh, possible three or so years down the line. It’s an odd omission, particularly when the new Micra needs to appeal to young, connected buyers. Having Apple CarPlay is great, but it feels like only half the package”.

http://www.alphr.com/cars/1005169/nissa ... gment-tech

This is a similiar attachment on the QQ :
http://www.alphr.com/cars/1006118/new-n ... -much-more

"It’s crying out for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay integration, both of which are significant by their absence, and it could do with more thoughtful app integration. When I connected my phone to it via the NissanConnect app, it offered Google search and TripAdvisor apps, plus Eurosport, Facebook and Twitter integration. That’s far from the most useful selection of driver aids".

This is an example of the US Rogue (QQ) Spec built in Japan :
Nissan Rogue Sport USA :
5.0" Color Advanced Drive-Assist® Display
Nissan Navigation System
NissanConnect® Mobile Apps3
NissanConnect Services powered by SiriusXM® with 3-year Select and 6-month Premium Plus complimentary trial access3
7.0" color touch-screen display and Voice Recognition for navigation and audio
SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link with 3-month complimentary trial access
Siri® Eyes Free
Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant
Bluetooth®

So I just hope this is of some help and brings some light on the subject, it is still a little unclear but this is how I understood it, it definitely needs sorting !
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

I've mentioned before about the lack of voice activation features for the current QQ model in previous threads. I don't use the apps on the Nissan Connect system - they're a waste of time to be honest.

As a temporary workaround, once my iPhone connects to the QQ's bluetooth, I can leave my iPhone in the cup/bottle holders located near the gearstick then I can shout "Hey Siri" and use voice commands like I did in my previous QQ from 2014 (iPhone 6s models and above - older models would have to be connected to a power source).

It's not ideal but it works.

I would imagine you could do a similar thing with an Android smartphone by shouting "OK Google" 🤔🤓

P.S. Hey Siri won't work if your iPhone is in a pocket or face down apparently.

Talk to Siri in your car.png

Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204389
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Hey sandgrounder......
The hey Siri or hey google sitting in the cup holder does not work.
The reason being is, the car has recognised that your phone is connected to Bluetooth so you have a silent phone awaiting relay through the speaker system but we the system is all assup and faulted it won’t go through the speakers on the Bluetooth system.
A friend found a way to use it by totally unpairing the phone and screaming at the phone, while driving they can have no music on as needs to listen carefully to the phone speaker.

I am wondering what Nissan is going to do about this problem as for me, I paid for a car with all these features and it is yet to be delivered in full.
I have been very kind and as calm as can be while I continue to ask for my goods but it’s the same ole.. we are onto it, give us time, let us work it out, we know it’s a problem.I have had over 5 weeks with a faulty system, if I was to buy my car now it would have had a slightly lower value, who’s going to compensate me for the loss of use of this basic feature ?
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Hello Devilrex,

I’ve checked my iPhone under Settings > Bluetooth and it lists NISSAN CONNECT under MY DEVICES. I can then stream music via Bluetooth through the Qashqai’s speakers.

847464D4-B2C7-43CF-89EC-4D907F0256DE.jpeg

So this is the workaround I have to use for hands free dialling, as mentioned earlier, by putting my iPhone in the cupholder and activating “Hey Siri”.

Siri’s response will then mute any music playing and Siri’s voice comes through the QQ’s speakers. Once Siri has finished, the music resumes.

There was a tiny NissanConnect Guide with my UK spec Qashqai:

02BF74B3-5917-499B-9E88-2858F0EF5792.jpeg

F397D72D-59B8-4214-A54B-F239668D0C79.jpeg

700545A8-7396-48E5-A8D9-0DF62EBE6F46.jpeg

Other than that, I’m out of ideas :?
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Gel

Post by Gel »

Why don't one or two of you J11B owners get some of motoring press in the loop?
They're always after a good story and them writing about issue may pressure NISSAN.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D